AVS Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
Cool. Thanks again smc.
I actually have a sub in my truck that鈥檚 plain MDF right now. I鈥檓 also getting ready to build another. Might be good test beds for veneer 馃憤

Registered
lol- As soon as i move into our new house im copying this as best I can lol ! Building 4 VBSS- but since ill have NO room for my theater other then the living room i want to keep it as nice as possible and this does it

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
lol- As soon as i move into our new house im copying this as best I can lol ! Building 4 VBSS- but since ill have NO room for my theater other then the living room i want to keep it as nice as possible and this does it
Glad you like it. It's definitely more difficult dealing with a general living space vs. dedicated room, where you can hide all the "Big Black Boxes" (or just not care that much about how it looks).

Good luck on the builds!

Registered
Glad you like it. It's definitely more difficult dealing with a general living space vs. dedicated room, where you can hide all the "Big Black Boxes" (or just not care that much about how it looks).

Good luck on the builds!

Thanks, and Thank you for sharing your wonderful work. I was racking my brain trying to figure a way to make them look good in the room- i cant have my 11cuft monsters there lol.

Registered
Hey smcmillan2 and all. Your blog has inspired me to get started.
I have a large open space area.. prob 20x24x10.. shared space into the kitchen & dining area. We are 90% movies in this area.
I can probably only sneak 1 of these into that area for now.. Unless it has a furniture aspect to it.
I like smcmillan2 design. I have a pa460 & a Beringer 3000dsp amp.
Also hoping to use this unappreciated cherry desk for the box.
I'm open for positive advice & criticism.
This is my first post so please advise as well
Thx

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hey smcmillan2 and all. Your blog has inspired me to get started.
Happy to hear that this build has you thinking about building your subwoofer, but you should start a new thread to pose any questions you may have.

Registered
What amp are you using for this one?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I run the PA460 on one channel of an NX3000D, and the other channel drives the pair of sealed UM18s. Not nearly what the UMs would like to be fed, but it works out OK in the living room "HT" space.

Registered
I run the PA460 on one channel of an NX3000D, and the other channel drives the pair of sealed UM18s. Not nearly what the UMs would like to be fed, but it works out OK in the living room "HT" space.
I assume you're running the eq profile from the thread in your amp?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I assume you're running the eq profile from the thread in your amp?
I do not. Initially did before I introduced the UMs, but now have it setup to hit harder in the mid/upper bass regions. I really need to drag it outside and cut another hole in it to add the 2nd port to get to the native 31Hz tune.

Registered
I do not. Initially did before I introduced the UMs, but now have it setup to hit harder in the mid/upper bass regions. I really need to drag it outside and cut another hole in it to add the 2nd port to get to the native 31Hz tune.
Whats your tune right now?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts