AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, elvislives was able to direct me on how to get a jpeg. into a bmp.

I have found this works only sometimes...I am assuming the jpeg. may be to large for a bmp. conversion?

My PRONTOEDIT program states the bmp. must be a Windows file with 1, 4, or 8 bits per pixel and max dimension of 240x219 pixels.

Question: Can I modify the .jpg or .bmp to the above requirements..if my Pronto software is unable to open the bitmap and save it into the ProntoPro remote?

Sorry for the elementary question.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi I'mListening,

Sure you can modify the file as you require, could be done easily with Photoshop, however I'll provide a freeware solution instead.

Using IrfanView here are the steps.

1. Open IrfanView

2. Open the .jpg file to be converted

3. From the menu bar select: Image->Decreate Color Depth

4. From the popup window select 256 Colors (for 8 bit), 16 colors (for 4 bit), 2 colors (for 1 bit).

5. File->Save As

6. Enter the filename to save it as, and from the drop down menu select BMP - Windows Bitmap as the save as type.

Not sure how much memory the Pronto has, but bitmaps are rather large (not uncommon for them to be about 15x the size of the jpg), hence the requirement to lower the color depth, the lower you go the less memory it will take but the worse it will look...

Good luck,

Bhavin

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by OvernightTech
Hi I'mListening,

Sure you can modify the file as you require, could be done easily with Photoshop, however I'll provide a freeware solution instead.

Using IrfanView here are the steps.

1. Open IrfanView

2. Open the .jpg file to be converted

3. From the menu bar select: Image->Decreate Color Depth

4. From the popup window select 256 Colors (for 8 bit), 16 colors (for 4 bit), 2 colors (for 1 bit).

5. File->Save As

6. Enter the filename to save it as, and from the drop down menu select BMP - Windows Bitmap as the save as type.

Not sure how much memory the Pronto has, but bitmaps are rather large (not uncommon for them to be about 15x the size of the jpg), hence the requirement to lower the color depth, the lower you go the less memory it will take but the worse it will look...

Good luck,

Bhavin
Bhavin!

Again a rapid and thorough response! I already have IrfanView loaded and ready to go from last week. Great!

Thanks so much!:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.