AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i used to have a soyo dragon...some of you might know i comes with a daughter board with optical and coaxial digital outputs. waht i would like to do is modify the dragon card to work with a board such as the abit n7vm.

i found a pinout of the mb and the card....not sure exactly which pins would match up with it.

nc gnd 5v cirrx cirtx

| | | | |

2 4 6 8 10

1 3 5 7 9

| | | | |

vcc irrx irtx nc gnd

here is the one that would go with the abit board

spdif none +5v gnd

| | | |

1 2 3 4

so obviously i would think that the grounds and 5v should match up.

but what pin(if any) could match up to give me the spdif out? does anyone knwo if any of the aberviations on the soyo card stand for like:nc. vcc, irtx...etc.

i figure this is about the only way i could gen an optical output on this kinda board. in fact is there a way to get the rest of the analog channels to go through this card too?(it has 2 addititonal headphone jacks)....not sure if anyone would know sure a thing but i guess it is worth an ask.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
No clue about those other pins, but I believe that might be proprietary. The pinout for the Asus that works with the Abit board and has both coaxial and optical is only 3 pins, as you said. There would be some weird combining necessary...

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
NC means "not connected", Vcc is another voltage supply (probably also +5 Volts).

I would guess IRTX (IR Transmit?) and IRRX (IR Receive?) is for an IRDA header or TOSLINK I/O. I have no idea about CIRRX and CIRTX, but I would guess they are for another IR transceiver of some sort.

Try the IRTX or CIRTX pins for S/PDIF out.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think you are looking at the wrong card/pins.

The pins CIRRX, CIRTX IRRX and IRTX indicate that these are connectors for an IR transceiver.

CIR stands for Consumer IR, or the kind of IR signals put out by remote controls.

IRTX and IRRX are IrDA transmit/receive pins.

Krishna

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wierd.....but i am sure i am looking at the right page of the manul becasue it says 5.1 speaker next to it and even has a pic of the digatl board next to it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I see what you mean. I found the pinout description and the picture of the daughterboard as you described it on page 41 of the K7V Dragon manual.

I think this is a misprint. If you look at the corresponding page (Page 31) in the P4S Dragon Ultra manual , you will see a different pinout, which I think is the one you should follow.

It looks like:
Code:
Code:
SPDIF IN       BASS OUT  GND    REAR_L
     |             |      |      |
     2             6      8      10
     1      3      5      7      9
     |      |      |      |      |
SPDIF OUT  +5V   CENTER  GND    REAR_R

Krishna

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks good to me....now i wonder if when i hook up just that one sdif output pin to the board if it will output both the optical and coaxial.

anyways i guess there isn't much left to do but test it for my self....thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.