AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sweet feature - especially for those who make lots o' typos.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
OK, don't shoot me because someone was bound to ask - what's the advantage of quick edit versus regular edit? I've used both and can't really tell that one is any faster than the other. Am I missing something? Perhaps if one is using dialup you can tell the difference, but since I always use broadband I haven't noticed any speedup.

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by moyekj
OK, don't shoot me because someone was bound to ask - what's the advantage of quick edit versus regular edit? I've used both and can't really tell that one is any faster than the other. Am I missing something? Perhaps if one is using dialup you can tell the difference, but since I always use broadband I haven't noticed any speedup.
If you look closely, you'll notice that after you click on the quickedit button, which is conveniently more left then the standard edit button, that there is a check mark box to Subscribe to the Thread. That's the real advantage. There is also a 'Reset' button that you can conveniently/accidentally hit placed right beside the 'Save Changes' button. The small size of the edit box makes me feel like I'm using a pda with a full size keyboard. There is a 'Show Signature' check box that I constantly change back and forth every other post; I couldn't live without it. The close button is a radio button. Now I'll never trust a radio button again. And they removed that annoying 'spellcheck' button. I never used it anyway. The thing tells me I'm spelling DVArchive wrong. O, Kay....

Now if you hit the backspace button you certifiably lose your edit. Before you could hit the web 'forward' button and had a chance of it still being there.

Microsoft GUI genius's designed Windows similarly: Providing 2 or more discombobulated ways to do the same thing that don't resemble each other much.

Other then that, I like the changes. They are 'neat'. Thank god the money was paid.

cow

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by icecow
If you look closely, you'll notice that after you click on the quickedit button, which is conveniently more left then the standard edit button, that there is a checkmark box to Subscribe to the thread. That's the real advantage.

cow
OK, but is this any different than "Email Notification" button in the regular Edit? My guess is they are both the same thing.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by icecow
moyekj, you saw my post too soon.. I went back and redid it later and fell into some heavier sarcasm.

cow
Now the question begs... did you edit your post using "quick edit" method or traditional :D I guess quick edit wasn't quick enough in this case if that's what you used ;)

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Much like finding a nested folder in windows and immediately needing something in control panel, I used both.

I used quickedit and lost my whole post(literally) Then wrote it out again faster and sloppier. Then I went to regular edit and used spell check because it was sooo bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.