AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally saw a decently setup Samsung DLP. 5065 at best buy. It was bright, great picture, had DNIe, so I did the demo on it.

I continually noticed a Moire pattern or something like it. Vertical pinstripes of a few colors about 2" wide in 2" intervals accross the entire screen. I didn't notice it on any of the other surrounding TV's. Is this the famous Rainbow effect or maybe bad cabling?

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by akadel
I continually noticed a Moire pattern or something like it. Vertical pinstripes of a few colors about 2" wide in 2" intervals accross the entire screen. ... Is this the famous Rainbow effect or maybe bad cabling?
Rainbows are produced by rapid eye movement so it's something else. At BB it could be anything. It's not a DLP feature, that's for sure.

Did you see it at the East Palo Alto store? I went in there yesterday because someone else said they had one.

There was an empty stand with a sign for the Samsung but no TV. I ask one of the salesmen where the Samsung DLP was. He told me that they broke it unplugging it(while it was on) from the wall and then plugging it back in. They were waiting for a replacement.

I don't know who sets up TVs for BB but I wouldn't want that crew setting up mine.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
I was at the EPA store and the one they had was busted, this one was in Redwood City.
Thanks. I'll pay a visit to the RC store.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
I continually noticed a Moire pattern or something like it. Vertical pinstripes of a few colors about 2" wide in 2" intervals accross the entire screen. I didn't notice it on any of the other surrounding TV's. Is this the famous Rainbow effect or maybe bad cabling?
I went in yesterday to the Redwood City store. There is something wrong with the set or the way it is connected.

BB is such a zoo! I can't imagine why they would display a set with a problem like this one. Dim, very dim(BB not Samsung).

I don't know what it would look like to miss-connect component cables but if it was my set that's the first thing I would check.

Did you ask how their feed was connected?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm in Cleveland and have noticed this same Moire problem with this Samsung unit at my local Best Buy.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by PPS
I'm in Cleveland and have noticed this same Moire problem with this Samsung unit at my local Best Buy.
Let's hope it's a BB trend and not a Samsung trend. I don't know what's causing it but it's got to be individual problem specific to the set or setup not a feature of the HLN models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.