AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get these every so often in Zoom Player, say every 10-15 minutes. The picture will "freeze" for a split second. Any ideas on what causes this, and how to get rid of it? I have DMA enabled on all drives, power management disabled, no background programs running, etc. etc. I'm running Win 98 with ZP version 2.9. I didn't seem to be getting the same problem with earlier (pre 2.7) versions.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Are you using a filter graph that includes "Default Directsound"? Try using "Default Waveout Device" instead. This fixed stuttering problems for me.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Also try to switch off DXVAautobuffering (or whatever its called) in the Sonic video decoder registry settings. For me it had the effect of spreading the stutter over time rather than having 5-10 seconds of stutter every 5-10 minutes. It becomes much less visible and obvious.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate the responses. I wasn't able to manually change to "default waveout device". I may be able to do that when I upgrade to the MAudio Revolution. Not using SPDIF is not an option for me.

The stutters are much less severe than what Jeff describes. The effect is that of dropping a few frames here and there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.