1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Momitsu 880DX and Panny PT-L300U

Hi

I just got the 880DX DVD player.

Could someone help me to set up the best configuration between 880DX and PT-L300U ?

Should I use VGA, DVI or Component connection ? What resolution should I use ?

What customized resolution should I use for DVI or VGA ?

What brightness/saturate/contract should I set to on the player ?

On the projector, it also has different picture settings. I am setting them to normal with 0 on all other settings. Is it OK ?

For some reason, my VGA on my projector does not produce image at HDTV60. It detected the signal from DVD player (as seen in its option menu) but no image at all. Is the problem on the DVD player or the projector ?

Thanks for any help.

Eric

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Here's an extensive thread on the topic...as you'll find, opinions vary as to the "best" setting, but this should get you started.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...n&pagenumber=1

Also, you definitely want to take advantage of the DVI. You'll have to set it up using the component cable first, just so you can see the menus to switch it over to DVI. Also, I don't know how far you want to go with this, but from what I've read, one-to-one pixel mapping has not been achievable with this projector/player combination, but maybe some day there will be a firmware update that can do it. That doesn't mean you won't get a great picture, though. Most people are very pleased with the DVI image and see a noticeable improvement.

Let me know how it goes, I will be buying the Momitsu in a few months after my holiday spending season is over!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could someone point to me a good web page to describe the meaning of each setting in the custom resolution on the Momitsu 880 DVD player. No one seems to know how to fix my issue, I would like to do my own research. Any help is appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.