AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my V800N. I did a search and did not find anything specifically on the V800N so I decided to start a new thread. I'm sure others must have this model so if I missed it then perhaps someone could just merge this with the other thread.

First impression, when I took it out of the box I noticed that the cover was not seated properly and the front top was pushed up over the top of the front panel. No big deal, I removed the screws and reseated it and it's fine now.

Second, I hooked it all up and pressed eject and the tray came out slightly and stopped. I finally figured out that it was scraping on the way out enough that it was stopped from opening. When I pushed down on it a bit I was able to work it out. There are two small plastic flanges sticking down into the area of the tray. What is strange is that they are part of the front panel which is installed correctly. The only other thought was that the loader was not installed correctly but it is flat against the bottom and there is no adjustment. Very strange. My plan is to use a razor knife to cut off the flanges which seem to have abolutely no functional purpose except to impeed the function of the loader. Maybe they are used during the molding process and should be cut off but that step was missed in my unit? I'll let you know if that works. Actually, I just noticed that the bottom seemed slightly pushed up. Not much but maybe enough to cause the tray to scrape? I'm still going to cut off the tabs.

The remote is a bit strange. there are no buttons it is a formed surface basically with laminate over those little metal bump thingys. Couldn't think of the proper name. It works ok but is not the best for button feedback. The range doesn't seem to be all that good either. Seems in line with the new Samsung that I tried and returned.

I had a hell of a time trying to get the component video to work. After struggling for a bit and getting no where I checked the connections again and yup, red to red, blue to blue and green to green. For the heck of it I looked at the labels and low and behold, the green and blue were switched. I assume that someone is installing the colored jacks wrong. I swapped green and blue and now it works fine.

Lastly, picture quality seems really good with 480p. I had expected it to be able to run at 1080i where it did show a picture but sometimes the screen would waver and sometimes certain colors would seem to pulse and was ultimately unwatchable. This was frustrating. I figured that this meant the macrovision was on and causing this and maybe it could not be disabled. Then, I just read the following at HKFlix where I bought the machine:

-----

TECHNICAL NOTES:

With the V880N, region coding is already set to "all-codes" and copy protection is already set to "off" out of the box. With the initial firmware release, discs encoded with Macrovision will not upconvert to HD. Momitsu has promised a firmware fix for this in the near future.

-----

So, hopefully this will be resolved. I will also add that the region code is set in the main menu and is default to 0 (all codes). No entry for macrovision. Interestingly, there is a note that says that the region code can only be changed a limited number of times before it is perminant. What? Is this more to protect them verbally and likely is not true? Why would this be limited? I did try the down, up, down, up, right, left to bring up a special menu but it does not seem to be available on the V800N.

Anyone that has any addition info, please post it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the same problem with my momitsu V880N.

I took it apart and found that the CD player wasn't screw at all.

SO when you open, the tray won't come out. You need to take the player apart and screw the CD player using two of the existing screws.

I am very frustrated with their product.

Good luck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by SeanChau
I have the same problem with my momitsu V880N.

I took it apart and found that the CD player wasn't screw at all.

SO when you open, the tray won't come out. You need to take the player apart and screw the CD player using two of the existing screws.

I am very frustrated with their product.

Good luck.
My player was square with the base but it seemed that maybe the base was slightly pushed in. Hard to say. Anyway, I just used a small pair of clippers and cut part of the plastic piece coming across. You don't want to cut all the way to the side since I believe then the door will not stop and will fold inward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.