AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started programming my new HTM MX-700 remote and wonder if there are any discreet on/off codes for my V880. Does anyone know? Thanks.

Edit: OK, I doubt it. Anyway, what good are they if you have to turn it off with a powerstrip to get it to work right every time?

Edit (2/17/2004):

I bet they could support that in future firmware.

It seems to me that all they have to do is designate hex codes for On and Off and let us know what they are and work the functionality into the firmware. No hardware changes are necessary. Am I right?

I am just now about to send the following message to [email protected] :

I would like to suggest that you program support for discrete On/Off codes for the V880. You could implement separate hex codes for On and Off and post them to the support forums at the Hivizone Forums:

Hivizone Momitsu V880 discussion forum

Thank you for the support!

Dan Musicant

·
Registered
66 Posts
No discrete codes, on/off is generic.

power strip? that should not be the case, mine has only been un-plugged to burn new firmware -- which may not have been necessary. Try the 1-26 firmware.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by jpnuzzo

power strip? that should not be the case, mine has only been un-plugged to burn new firmware -- which may not have been necessary. Try the 1-26 firmware.
You mean the 1-26-04 FW fixes that issue? Good news indeed! For me, I have to disconnect power from the unit every single time I play another DVD using the 12/01/03 FW.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Quote:
You mean the 1-26-04 FW fixes that issue? Good news indeed! For me, I have to disconnect power from the unit every single time I play another DVD using the 12/01/03 FW.
You must have an older unit, the 12-03 fw does not apply to mine.

Mine originally came with 06-14-03 fw... was able to program the codes into my universal remote immediately, using one button for power function. And had no trouble with it.

The 01-26 fw has additional function:

during playback you can adjust brightness/contrast/saturation by pressing the 'setup' button, then adjusting with the volume up/down buttons.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
You must have an older unit, the 12-03 fw does not apply to mine.

Mine originally came with 06-14-03 fw... was able to program the codes into my universal remote immediately, using one button for power function. And had no trouble with it.

The 01-26 fw has additional function:

during playback you can adjust brightness/contrast/saturation by pressing the 'setup' button, then adjusting with the volume up/down buttons.
The 12/3/03 FW had that as well, although one user reports that the 1/26/04 FW improves upon it - didn't elaborate. Why would mine be an older unit? I ordered on 11/10/2003 from ********.com

·
Registered
66 Posts
Quote:
Why would mine be an older unit? I ordered on 11/10/2003 from ********.com
Well, I don't know for certain.

I'm basing my guess on the data on the firmware download page. There are several fw images which are different based on s/n; the 1203 fw only applies to the "lower" s/n units.

Makes me think there's an ealier "rev" of the dvd player.

If yours has the 1203 firmware, then it's one of the lower s/n units.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Well, I don't know for certain.

I'm basing my guess on the data on the firmware download page. There are several fw images which are different based on s/n; the 1203 fw only applies to the "lower" s/n units.

Makes me think there's an ealier "rev" of the dvd player.

If yours has the 1203 firmware, then it's one of the lower s/n units.
I don't know what version mine came with. I thought the 12/3/03 version was for later SN, not earlier.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Quote:
I don't know what version mine came with. I thought the 12/3/03 version was for later SN, not earlier.
Prior to the 1-26 fw, I was able to see mine at the "hidden" menu (down/up/down/up/right/left).

After the 1-26 fw, I am able to see the fw rev at the Setup menu.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Quote:

Just to get back on topic..... just because the remote doesnt have discrete on/off doesnt mean they dont exist (although in this case I think it is true). For example my Pioneer VSX-D912K A/V receiver has simple power toggle button on the remote but there are indeed discrete on/off commands for it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
1) Discrete on/off doesn't exist in this player.

2) Plug it into the switched power outlet of your receiver (which has discrete on/off) ;) When you turn the receiver off and on it will also turn the DVD player off and on.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by dstroot
1) Discrete on/off doesn't exist in this player.

2) Plug it into the switched power outlet of your receiver (which has discrete on/off) ;) When you turn the receiver off and on it will also turn the DVD player off and on.
That won't work for me for various reasons. I have the DVD player plugged into a totally different circuit. It's about 10 feet from the receiver. Most of the time I don't use the DVD when I use the receiver. I routinely remove all power from the receiver and I DON'T want to do that to the DVD player.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bet they could support that in future firmware.

It seems to me that all they have to do is designate hex codes for On and Off and let us know what they are and work the functionality into the firmware. No hardware changes are necessary. Am I right?

I am just now about to send the following message to [email protected] :

I would like to suggest that you program support for discrete On/Off codes for the V880. You could implement separate hex codes for On and Off and post them to the support forums at the Hivizone Forums:

Hivizone Momitsu V880 discussion forum

Thank you for the support!

Dan Musicant

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.