Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I will not go into detail about this player as there are already many technical details and indepth opinions and reviews of this player in various other threads on this forum, so I am sure you can find the info you need.

I just wanted to let people from Australia and surrounding areas know that we have had great success and great response with the Momitsu V880.

Its picture quality is incomparable with anything on our market, especially in its price range.

Also we are very rarely experaincing the problems mentioned about freezing etc, especially when using the latest firmware versions. New firmware to add aditional functionality and stability, including further support for PAL system, will be released in the next week or so, and so far it looks very promising.

If anyone from Australian area is interested in buying one of these units, but are sceptical about buying online, or having your warranty covered by someone in another country, we have the answer. We have recently become the Australian distibutors for Momitsu and their V880 player. That means we sell them here locally with all the certifications and correct cables, and we cover the warranty locally, all at a reasonable cost. And if you are from Melbourne, you can even visit us to see the much talked about picture quality for yourself. Alternativly we do easily post nationally or internationally.

These players have been very popular and we do not have many left in stock.

For further information, please email me at [email protected] and I will be happy to answer any questions and provide relevant sales details.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because of the current strength of the Australian dollar, and the cost of shipping, it is not really viable to buy from us if you are in the US. We estimated the costs to be around the $400US mark shipped. Obviously if you cannot find it elsewhere, we would be more than happy to supply and ship anyone in the US with one of these players, however as I am sure most of you are aware, there are more economical ways to source one of these players if you live in the US.

It would really only be economically viable to purchase from us if you are from Australia or surrounding areas.

But as I said, if you are from the US and are still interested, we would be more than happy to help.

Thanks

·
Registered
462 Posts
Welcome Michael,

I'm sure after a few posts you will master more subtle forms of self-promotion. :)

Any luck getting a look at the new firmware yet?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just check out an online shop in H.K. to ship the V880 to U.S. and Australia for just about $310 (AUD $400) vs $400!!

For DVI player I just waiting for those from Samung and Panasonic!

Kingcow

·
Registered
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingcow
For DVI player I just waiting for those from Samung and Panasonic!
Will they also offer the possibility to disable region, Macrovision and HDCP protection, up scale to HDTV resolutions through component, DVI and RGBHV, up scale to custom resolutions etc? Looks like there is more to a DVD player than brand, quality and price! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
misohorny,

thanks for the advise.

No I havn't yet looked at the new firmware because the manufacturer is now closed until the start of Feb sue to Chinese New Year.

Kingcow,

I am assuming you are talking about Hivizone. They accept US dollars, and then they ship directly to you in the US or Aus etc.

We have to buy the units in US dollars, convert to Australian dollars, pay for shipping and custom charges etc, and then send them to the US, again converting our Aus dollars into US dollars. This is why the cost is so much differnt. This is why I recomeneded just buying directly from the asian online store if you are in the US. If you are from Australia or surrounding areas, it works out about the same or even cheaper than buying from the online store in Asia, and we cover the warranty locally, and if you are in our city, you can even come and see the player for yourself. Very different senario to trying to buy from us from the US.

Also, you may want to rethink the Smasung or Panasonic purchases as both of these players are far less flexible and much more restricted interms of protection and HDCP etc, whereas the Momitsu can play pretty much anything from anywhere onto any display, and it also plays DIVx.

Check out some of the other posts on this forum and they will elobrate on what EmuMannen is talking about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.