AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my V880 today. I am in the DVI custom menu and the remote went haywire and won't stop putting out a singal (the V880 doesn't respond, but the the LED for my IR repeater constantly flashes when the remote is pointed at it).

Does anyone have a Pronto CCF that I can download to get me out of this jam.

Thanks!

Jason

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now remote has simply died :(

Changed batteries, checked leads, etc. I got a lemon remote.

Any help puhlezze.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I tried that, google, ms search, everything.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I was searching remote central just a day or so ago for codes for the Momitsu. Well, "Momitsu" got no hits, so I figured I was out of luck.

Now, I may be able to help you anyway. I had an episode a month ago or so where the player just stopped responding to the remote for 2 or 3 hours and I posted for help. The player finally started working again (I flashed BIOSes, etc. etc.). It was suggested that the buttons on the remote are easily stuck - one button can be stuck on if its edge gets caught. So check your buttons and make sure none of them are caught under the lip of the remote body.

I'm in the process of programming my new HTM MX-700, and just got to the Momitsu. I could learn all the codes but I'm trying to determine if there are any discreet codes. I'm going to start a thread and ask. Just discreet on/off codes would be nice, eh?

Good luck...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Adam Gutierrez sent me a CCF. Thanks Adam!

This forum is awesome.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Mase/Adam,

Post it on remotecentral if you would. I get my V880 tomorrow and would LOVE to have the pronto already taken care of. My understanding is that the codes aren't the problem (freezing up, turning on /off randomly, etc), it's their cheap remote that's the problem.

Thanks,

Ted_B

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Adam - If you want I can upload it and attach to this post, but will only do so with your permission.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ted_b
Muse/Adam,

Post it on remotecentral if you would. I get my V880 tomorrow and would LOVE to have the pronto already taken care of. My understanding is that the codes aren't the problem (freezing up, turning on /off randomly, etc), it's their cheap remote that's the problem.

Thanks,

Ted_B
Unfortunately, it's more of a problem than their cheap remote. For instance, last night after my initial download into my MX-700, the eject button wouldn't work for the V880. Not a surprise, considering the problems I'd noted with my Kenwood receiver. However, the V880's own remote wouldn't operate the eject, so the problem was clearly in the V880. It's a basket of quirky problems. However, so far I've been able to play every DVD... often with having to turn the unit on and off (via a power strip to completely cut off power).

mase or Adam: I'd appreciate it if you could send me that ccf: [email protected] Thanks!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New firmware is due out soon and hopefully will solve lots of problems.

They seem committed to this box. I flash the latest firmware last night and it had features for adjusting color, brightness and saturation. It also had 3 additional custom resolutions built in.

I also have a Bravo D1. Their firmware doesn't do any of the above, and their tech support guy told me that they have no plans do release any more revisions with the D2 coming out.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Guys,

Here is a ccf with just the Momitsu in it. There may be some features that I didn't program or that may not work, I had to re-learn several functions many times before the Momitsu would respond properly. If there is a button that's not working correctly let me know and I will reload it. All the most used stuff works.

momitsu880.zip 7.1044921875k . file

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.