AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
she watches movies only. just something as inexpensive as possible though i would like a good quality upconverter. been looking at the oppos, i think i want to go that route but not sure which one to choose. picture quality is much more important than anything else. she wont be using it for pictures etc. just for dvd movie watching.

The oppo 980 seems to be the cheapest one. Does that do as good a job at upconverting dvds as the other more expensive oppos? i wouldnt mind spending a few more bucks for the best upconverter i can get.

·
Registered
22,496 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisfc1972 /forum/post/17032633

she watches movies only. just something as inexpensive as possible though i would like a good quality upconverter. been looking at the oppos, i think i want to go that route but not sure which one to choose. picture quality is much more important than anything else. she wont be using it for pictures etc. just for dvd movie watching.

The oppo 980 seems to be the cheapest one. Does that do as good a job at upconverting dvds as the other more expensive oppos? i wouldnt mind spending a few more bucks for the best upconverter i can get.

The "best" DVD player you can get is the Oppo BDP-83. Since it's for DVD only, and not BD, that seems a bit much. If her display is under 50", the Oppo 980 is a better choice and will look very good. There are cheaper player though, and a lot depends on the size of the screen. With the 980 you're still paying for features you don't need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts