AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Cary 303/200 CDP for my cd listening,that replaced a Sony 222ES 5 cd player used as a transport into a Theta Probasic IIIa dac,I bought the Monarchy DIP to try in between the Theta and the Sony and wow what a difference it made,so now that I have the Cary I decided to try the DIP in between the OPPO 971 (using coax out) and my receiver (B&K AVR307) I hear the same wow difference,it seemed to clean up the sound-mostly the highs and has a quieter background.I bought mine used for $125.00 ($299 new I think) and I think it is a great Tweak for a high resolution system with a budget DVD and may not make a difference with a high end (for example Denon 5910).IMHO.

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
DIPS are great !

I use 2 DIP 24/96 to boost a long run of coax-coax digital, and to convert toslink to coax and boost that long run too.

I also use a DIP Upsampler doing 24/96 upsampling & jitter reduction between my CD transport and Bel Canto Pre/Pro.

- Andy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.