AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My HTPC has been running for a while now with little to no problems (specs listed below). I recently built a home server running WHS 2011 and installed the connector on my HTPC. I'm not sure if it is related or not, but I used the HTPC in the morning and it was fine, but when my wife used it later that day, BSOD.

I was unable to resolve the problem, so I decided to reinstall Windows 7, but this time tried Win7 Ultimate 64bit instead of Win 7 Home 32bit that I used before. Everything installed fine (I had not installed the WHS connector yet) but when I used my Harmony One to play a movie, the remote didn't seem to work. I uninstalled the Moneual Labs included driver and software for M.Play MX then reinstalled and when I try to start the program it says 'File Not Found' followed by a message saying that it can't find something (it was a long file string with .jpg at the end I think) followed by 'File not found'. It shows that the M.Play MX icon is in the running programs in the bottom right tray, but the remote doesn't work. Also, I can't open the M.Play MX management program that allows me to change the settings for the LCD.

Thinking that I needed an updated program/drivers, I downloaded the latest from the Moneual Labs site, but still the same outcome. I then reinstalled Win7 Home 32bit edition so everything was back to how it was before I installed the WHS connector and I'm still getting the same result.

Any idea what could be happening? Everything else works perfectly, the LCD lights up with the MonCaso logo (but it doesn't cycle between the default screens of CPU temp, date, time, welcome message, etc), I checked the connections in the case and everything appears to be ok.

Very confused why the included software and driver isn't working. There aren't any errors during the installation either.

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor 2.8GHz 65W Dual-Core Processor

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-MA785GMT-UD2H AM3 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX

RAM: OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333

OS HD: OCZ Vertex Series 30GB SSD

Media HD: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB SATA

PSU: Antec EarthWatts Green EA-430D Green 430W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified

GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5570 1GB DDR3 Low Profile

Optical: LG UH10LS20 Blu-ray SATA 10x SuperMulti Blue LightScribe

Case: Moneual Labs MonCaso 312B

·
Registered
43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTech09 /forum/post/20806989

I was unable to resolve the problem, so I decided to reinstall Windows 7, but this time tried Win7 Ultimate 64bit instead of Win 7 Home 32bit that I used before. Everything installed fine (I had not installed the WHS connector yet) but when I used my Harmony One to play a movie, the remote didn't seem to work. I uninstalled the Moneual Labs included driver and software for M.Play MX then reinstalled and when I try to start the program it says 'File Not Found' followed by a message saying that it can't find something (it was a long file string with .jpg at the end I think) followed by 'File not found'. It shows that the M.Play MX icon is in the running programs in the bottom right tray, but the remote doesn't work. Also, I can't open the M.Play MX management program that allows me to change the settings for the LCD.

Thinking that I needed an updated program/drivers, I downloaded the latest from the Moneual Labs site, but still the same outcome. I then reinstalled Win7 Home 32bit edition so everything was back to how it was before I installed the WHS connector and I'm still getting the same result.

Any idea what could be happening?

Case: Moneual Labs MonCaso 312B

Think I ran into same issue when I log in as a different user as opposed to the one that was used to install the M.Play MX software. Vaguely recollect it was fixed after I tried installing VC++ 2005 runtime. give it a try or uninstall and reinstall M.Play MX software as the current user.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've installed and uninstalled the software using my standard user account (entering in the admin password when prompted of course) and I get the same error. I'll try to manually install VC++ 2005 runtime and see if that helps. Thanks.

Is there other software that I could use that would work with this LCD/IR Receiver if I can't get M.Play MX to work correctly?

·
Registered
43 Posts
AFAIK it will not work with other software. But Andy/babgvant is considered as the "father" of the moneual 3xx cases; unless he know a better way it might not be possible. There is a separate 312b/320b thread where you might try searching or ask for help.

But per Andy the software is raw and crude but is very feature rich and I will agree with that. As for me I have not found it hard to make it work (with my harmony) after reading the following clear instructions; specifically the remove & software section at the link below:
http://www.missingremote.com/review/moneual-moncaso-312

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTech09 /forum/post/20809935

Is there other software that I could use that would work with this LCD/IR Receiver if I can't get M.Play MX to work correctly?

Is the FTDI COM Port device recognized in Device Manager? If not grab the latest driver from their site and install it.

LcdWriter is an alternative to the M.Play software.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I downloaded the FTDI driver from the website and installed. I tried to install the M.Play software again and got the same error. I logged out of my standard user account and logged back in as the admin, installed M.Play MX and it works just fine. When I install the program as a standard user I'm prompted to enter in my admin password, so why would it make a difference whether I'm a standard or admin user?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTech09 /forum/post/20828212

Ok, I downloaded the FTDI driver from the website and installed. I tried to install the M.Play software again and got the same error. I logged out of my standard user account and logged back in as the admin, installed M.Play MX and it works just fine. When I install the program as a standard user I'm prompted to enter in my admin password, so why would it make a difference whether I'm a standard or admin user?

It's possible that the app requires elevation to work properly, but I don't remember that being a requirement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seems a bit silly that inorder to run this program I have to be logged in as an admin, but that does seem to be the case, doesn't it?

I guess that's what I'll do until I can find something else that will run correctly logged in as a standard user.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
You could try LcdWriter. It doesn't require escalation to work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.