1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
864 Posts
What year u talking about. My Monday is the 19th.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
what brand is that? I never have enough guests over to justify that many coasters ;)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
....yeah...my monday is the 19th as well. ;)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Quote:
what brand is that?
If I had to venture a guess, it's likely Khypermedia which, for all intents and purposes, is Latin for "coaster." ;)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Upon closer review, please use caution here. After looking at http://images.officemax.com/pdf/2004_01/PCash.pdf, it appears to be a brand called "Starlogic/Fourstar." (#79 on the rebate listing). Also, even though the site says "$20 rebate," this form says it's only $10. Since I can't find any other 50 packs for this sale date, I'm assuming this is the same offer.

Caveat emptor...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
....final price $10......error at TechBargains I believe...

·
Registered
504 Posts
i can report back that i have burned one (murder by death and 4 Popeye cartoons ) to fill the DVD up with my computer dvd writer and in has played on my magnovox from beging to end with no problems

jo

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I have to agree with jo. My experience with DVD-R's is that they either work right away or they don't. The ones I burned 2 years ago (another generic no-name) still work. The ones that failed, failed right away.

I bought a 50-pack of these Starlogic's this afternoon at OfficeMax and I just burned one in my E100. No problems, plays in my DVD players.

They are labeled on the packages, paper label (Made in Taiwan, 1X speed). I see nothing on the package or disc's that indicate they are made by Princo? So 1 for 1, out of 50 doesn't tell me how the other 49 will be but it is better than being 0 for 1. But for 20¢ each, I can afford several coasters.

Dave

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Who would have believed a year or 2 ago that we could buy good quality DVD media for under a buck..US...today......let alone deals for .20c.

Obviously quality has to be an issue...as they prob r not made ....equal in quality.

Does anyone have any tech info..... that poor quality discs damage the laser of a recorder/player ....or players.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Does anyone have any tech info..... that poor quality discs damage the laser of a recorder/player ....or players.
Not that I am aware of? The only case of laser damage that I know of is when you use an old Pioneer burner (without the firmware update) to burn 4X DVD's. That can destroy your burner due to a bug in the original firmware. Not the fault of the media!

Dave

·
Registered
115 Posts
From the advertisement, these are disks are regularly $15 for a box of five. That makes them $3 each. There's an $8 discount that's given at the register, which brings them down to $1.40 each. Finally, there's a mail-in rebate of $5. You can bet that the rebate can only be used once for a particular mailing address, so the twenty cent price is only valid for five disks. It's a great deal, but fleeting.

Still, $1.40 is a good price for blank disks in cases. I presume that you could get more than one pack at this price, although multiple trips to the store may be necessary. I certainly will being doing so as soon as Office Max gets them in. I was warned about Office Max availability of advertised items before I left to go over there. The manager there says that they're going to be getting them in sometime this week. I guess that Office Max advertising department is quicker than their shipping department. :)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
That must be a different offer than the one I got? I never saw the OfficeMax ad. I stopped in the store to check on Epson R300 printers (which they had on sale for $159.99 but were out of stock). They had these 50-pack spindles of StarLogic 1X DVD-R's for $39.99 less $10.00 instant rebate at the cash register. The cash register printed out the $20 mail-in rebate which would bring the final cost to $9.99 for the 50-pack (assuming I get my rebate?).

Dave

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.