AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have built a HTPC using a Moneual Moncaso312, running windows7 Home. I cant seem to get the included software (M.Play) to load without errors so cant get the IR/Remote to work any advice would be great.

·
Registered
354 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divecarl /forum/post/20957270

Hi i have built a HTPC using a Moneual Moncaso312, running windows7 Home. I cant seem to get the included software (M.Play) to load without errors so cant get the IR/Remote to work any advice would be great.

The software may not like Windows 7...ie it is meant for earlier OS

have you tried installing under windows xp sp 3 mode?

ie right click on setup.exe...

go down and select properties...

then select... compatibility.... Tab

under that in the Campatibility box/area..

tick the >> run this program in compatibility mode for

and then select >> Windows XP(service pack 3)

click apply ...and ok

Then right click and select ..Run as administrator

and see if that makes difference in installing

failing that contact supplier/manufacturer via email

and see if the have Windows 7 version...

Just a note...This remote and USB receiver may well work already under windows 7..

have you tried it with WMC??

·
Registered
354 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divecarl /forum/post/20957468

have tried to operate WMC with remote but nothing.

Have you tried installing software

using compatibility mode I mentioned above^^^

·
Registered
113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divecarl /forum/post/20957270

I have this working more or less OK in Win7 pro. It is fine 99% of the time, but just occasionally it doesn't load the MMX program on startup. I'm not sure if I found a newer version of the software online or just used the one from the CD, but I do remember that finding out anything about m play or mmx was bloody difficult! The manufacturer is VLSystems who I think, from reading between the lines, have made a bespoke version for Moneual. But I may be wrong. Harmony Remote recognises it as VLSystems 202 or something like that.

I don't think I had to run it in compatibility mode or under enhanced priviliges, but it was a while back now.

Just check that you've plugged the USB into the MoBo the right way round. I almost didn't and put it in the FireWire header! Could have been bad!

When it bombs out for me it comes up with a 'shell notification error' or something like that. I rarely reboot my PC now, just keep it on sleep, so it's no problem. When it does bomb out, a restart usually cures it.

I'll have a look at what version number I have tonight and let you know.

SBR

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers SBR, wouldnt mind 10% a least i would know i am getting somewhere with it. But cant even get the software to load so the volume knob even though it wont get used doesnt do anything.

·
Registered
113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divecarl /forum/post/20957777

Cheers SBR, wouldnt mind 10% a least i would know i am getting somewhere with it. But cant even get the software to load so the volume knob even though it wont get used doesnt do anything.

Do you get an error or what error do you get?

Describe what happens when you install the drivers, boot up the pc or launch the application. At what stage is the problem?

SBR

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you fail completely to get MPlay to work you could try lcdwriter. Details on babgvant signature on avsforum.

Do the drivers load? I think it comes up as a serial interface in device manager.

SBR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts