1 - 20 of 809 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
79 Posts
I spoke with Moneual in late December. They had said that the availability of the 312 would be second week of Feb and a cost of approx. $199.

This is all I know for now.

Michael.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got this information a few days ago:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Moneual Lab.

In United States, MonCaso 312 will be release first week of February.

For Europe, I believe it will be month later, which will be some time in

March.

MonCaso 812 production has been pushed back, thus we do not have clear idea

on the release date.

I presume it will be sometime in April.

~

Kindest Regards,

Cyrus Cha

Sr. Sales Manager

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good news... Just spoke with a very helpful guy at FrozenCPU.com, and he kindly called MonCaso while I was on hold to inquire about the 312. Turns out they will have it on their site and ready to order in 10 days.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I think it looks great too, but I wish there was a way to install full height expansion cards. Doesn't look like that is the case...

·
Registered
983 Posts
I too, am seriously interested in this case! I spoke to Moneual Labs USA today and was told to expect it to be available on March 16. Apparantly the do have them in stock in the warehouse, but due to a 'remote control issue' they are having to wait till the parts arrive to ship them out fixed.

Yet another irMon screw up perhaps? Heck, I already have an MCE usb reciever and remote - not even planning on using the one in this case - shame we have to wait another few weeks.

-PGPfan

·
Registered
78 Posts
Odd, the website clearly shows there is no display. The pictures don't show a remote, and the specs are vague, but don't have any reference to an IR reciever that I can see. Sounds like they were making up an excuse?

·
Registered
983 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwstnsko /forum/post/15910563

Odd, the website clearly shows there is no display. The pictures don't show a remote, and the specs are vague, but don't have any reference to an IR reciever that I can see. Sounds like they were making up an excuse?

True there is no display, but this link HERE describes a MCE remote as included in the chassis kit.

To the immediate right of the power button there looks to be a lens for an ir reciever as well. Still sucks that they chose iMon for their remote - they are horrible.

-PGPfan

·
Registered
10 Posts
I found a reseller: frozencpu.com

They sell them for $219.99

However they currently show "Out of Stock" on both the black and silver case. I'm really wanting this case. Can't wait.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If they'd only put the PSU on the left rear and had 2 80mm fans on the right hand panel, that would have been a superb solution.

As it stands, there's no adequate airflow to get the hot air out the case.

CPU's are getting cooler but IGP's are not, so making heat exhaust from the case is paramount.

The design of the ill fated Omaura TF8 (which I have) is superb and keeps my kit nice and cool & quiet! I firmly believe that all HTPC cases should have the same airflow pattern (although the std arrangement on the Omaura was to intake at the right side insead of exhaust, which is a bit strange).

However, these cases do look superb, and technical cooling aside, I'm almost tempted!!

D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree that fans should be included, however there are 3 40mm fan slots in the rear which you can purchase. Even though they aren't in an optimal position, they should suffice. The main draw for me is the slim form factor coupled with the standard size power supply. Full size HTPC cases are too deep for any real home AV rack.

·
Registered
983 Posts
The problem with the 40mm fans is that nobody makes a truly silent one - regardless of their claims. There just isn't enough fan area to move air unless you spin it fast.

I don't think it will be that big of a problem if you choose your components properly, however.

-PGPfan

·
Registered
78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by politby /forum/post/15916962

any thoughts on if this will accommodate a deep optical drive like the LG BD/HD DVD combo?

From the looks of the layout, it will require careful selection of the CPU heatsink/fan to keep the back of the drive and the top of the fan out of each other's way

Something like this leaves lots of room over the top of the CPU,

http://www.silverstonetek.com/produc...T01-E&area=usa

but that one is too tall

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Well, just for the heck of it I went and ordered one (in silver) from an online store in Germany. They have it in stock so I should have it by mid next week.

I plan to get an nVidia 9300/9400 based motherboard and use my existing Q6600 processor, with my LG BD/HD DVD combo drive and Samsung 2.5" hard drive.

When the Asus Xonar HDAV low profile version comes out I will get one so I can get bitstreaming of HD audio.

Not sure what power supply I will get, I think the case needs a PS with a single 120mm fan that matches the vent on the case bottom.

This is a complete gamble but I really like the look of the case. Now for the fun of finding components to fit.

·
Registered
42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by politby /forum/post/15927366

Well, just for the heck of it I went and ordered one (in silver) from an online store in Germany. They have it in stock so I should have it by mid next week.

I plan to get an nVidia 9300/9400 based motherboard and use my existing Q6600 processor, with my LG BD/HD DVD combo drive and Samsung 2.5" hard drive.

When the Asus Xonar HDAV low profile version comes out I will get one so I can get bitstreaming of HD audio.

Not sure what power supply I will get, I think the case needs a PS with a single 120mm fan that matches the vent on the case bottom.

This is a complete gamble but I really like the look of the case. Now for the fun of finding components to fit.

Excellent!!

You won't need to match a 120mm fanned PSU as an 'old' style PSU with an 80mm fan will be adequate as well, if maybe not as quiet.

Regarding your choice of MB, I'm using the Gigabyte 9400 board and it's very good and I highly recommend it. NB temps are maybe higher than my last G35 board, but they're nothing to be concerned about.

I can potentially see a problem getting an aftermarket heatsink to fit due to the location of the CD bay and the lack of area around the CPU, but I'd give the stock (not low profile) Intel cooler a go first.

Keep us posted via this thread please, or PM me if you start a new thread as I'm very intersted in this.

cheers

D.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deksawyer /forum/post/15932344

Excellent!!

You won't need to match a 120mm fanned PSU as an 'old' style PSU with an 80mm fan will be adequate as well, if maybe not as quiet.

Regarding your choice of MB, I'm using the Gigabyte 9400 board and it's very good and I highly recommend it. NB temps are maybe higher than my last G35 board, but they're nothing to be concerned about.

I can potentially see a problem getting an aftermarket heatsink to fit due to the location of the CD bay and the lack of area around the CPU, but I'd give the stock (not low profile) Intel cooler a go first.

Keep us posted via this thread please, or PM me if you start a new thread as I'm very intersted in this.

cheers

D.

Sure. I'll start out by using this thread and I will also start posting some build pictures after the case has arrived.

I went ahead and ordered some components yesterday:
  • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H motherboard
  • OCZ Vertex Series SATAII 2.5" SSD 30GB
  • Gigabyte ODIN GT 550W power supply (overkill but I want one with modular cables and these have gotten great reviews)
  • Nexus LOW-7000 , Socket 775 CPU Cooler
  • 2 x Adda 40mm fans (in case they turn out to be needed)

The Nexus cooler is also a bit of a gamble as I don't have the case yet, but I do not have a stock cooler and apart from being low profile it can also be oriented away from obstructions. If it doesn't work out, there are lots of alternatives. After I have the case I will take some detailed measurements - e.g. available vertical space for cooler - and post here.

1 - 20 of 809 Posts