AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'd appreciate opinions on this speaker as I saw a pair on Craig's List that intrigues me. Unfortunately, I can't find anything about them on the web, information or images. I'd also appreciate opinions on what they might be worth now. Are they front speakers or center speakers?  Many thanks, in advance, for any help/advice anyone would care to give.

·
Registered
900 Posts
You are right; not much info left out there on these as I believe they came out in the late 90's. I bought a pair about 9 years ago and still have them, along with 3 pair of MAG-903 rosewood mini towers (with the gold metal cone woofers)...paid $225 for the pair of 302's with shipping and thought I might use one as a center. I haven't hooked them up for years, but really like the 903's and for whatever reason never got rid of any of these Monitor Audio speakers (main reason=I am a hoarder, but they really do sound great).
The 302's are a fine sounding speaker; less capable than the 903's everywhere, but especially the bass (the 903's retailed for $2800/pr though when they came out). They were designed as an MTM, but you could use them as LR or one as a center; although I would avoid laying it down on it's side as most centers found in your typical HT like the plague as toppled MTM's have horrible dispersion. Not so sure they're worth '$200 firm' today, but probably close. Go take a listen to them!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.