AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched around here and over at Theater Tek and could not find anything on this problem. I'm having troubles with my dual head ATI Radeon 9000 set-up after moving from 1.5 to 2.01. This set-up worked 100% with TT 1.5 by the way, here is the issue.

First off I'm using the VGA head of the 9000 to run a standard monitor in my equipment rack. It's set as display #1 so normal windows controls (task bar, icons etc.) are here. The second output, the DVI one goes directly to my Samsung HLP5685W (Captian Kirk) TV and windows is set to "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor". I then set TT to "use monitor 2" on the Video tab and all should be fine. But here is what's going on.....! The only way I can get a DVD or a rip to play on monitor #2 is to turn off DXVA. With DXVA turned on I get the first and second Logo's and then just a black screen, I'm able however to control TT at this point. If I leave DXVA off and turn on ffdshow (the Wayne suggested version) I get the black screen but at that point TT is crashed. With DXVA off and ffdshow off it seems to work. Also of interest, if I tell TT to display on monitor #1 ALL works perfectly with DXVA and ffdshow turned on, so it's a monitor #2 issue for sure. I must ne doing something work....! Anyone have any ideas...?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.