AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new here. I wanna buy a pair of good speakers for the first time and after couple of hours of web searching I realized my budget is not that much, around 900 USD for 2:1 channel speakers, amp and cables.

My initial search results are these two speakers :

1. Monitor Audio Bronze 2 ( about 500 USD)
2. Dali Zensor 3 ( prices are nearly same for both of them )

Amplifire: Marantz PM6005

It seems In paper monitor audio b2 beats everything in this price class and has really good ratings on whathi-fi and also quite new speakers I guess 2015 model..a upgrade from BX2...but I didnt find a single thread about those speakers. on the other hand some people described Dalis are a bit bass heavy.. not much details on the sound...and so on...

Primarily I'm towards new MA bronze 2 but I cant decide...and its not possible or me to go to shop by myself to compare those...I will order it on web.

Any suggestions guys? thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
You should be auditioning all of them if you can. I went through auditioning these and other speakers several weeks back. I narrowed it down to the Dali's and KEF Q series...The MA Bronze were a little brighter and 'peaky' in the high frequencies for my taste. You might like that though.

The KEF were much better (Q100) with excellent high's but with less bass heft. Unfortunately I also heard the R100's and then I wanted only those but they were out of my range.

I got the Zensors because they are very pleasing speakers to my ears. Balanced sounding, good detail. Not as airy as KEF but sweet enough. They have good bass weight, with punchy not boomy bass. They aren't small speakers so you have to have some space for them. I can listen to them for very very long sessions without getting fatigued at all. If you're going by What-HiFi ratings, they also rated the Zensor 3's as 5 stars. They are also very easy to drive and pair very well with my Yamaha AVR.

If you are going with a subwoofer and want slightly smaller speakers, try the Zensor 1's as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The new Bronze 2 is a good choice, has got very good reviews and should sound better then the older Dali zensor series. A test shows that previous generation bronze bx5 get better score then zensor 7. Ordered a pair Bronze 2 myself and expecting smooth balanced sound.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had to search hard to find this thread again. Finally...

Thanks for your suggestions fellows.I spoke with the salesman about those speaker and he thinks Monitor Audio bronze 2 is the one to go...and if I don't like it then I can return those and they will change .....so I ordered a pair and truly I don't regret for a sec tills now....I run in these speakers for about 6 hours and played variety of music...they all sounds fantastic in my ears. Maybe tweeter sounds not so airy but its detailed and I also like the bass..Overall good looking speakers...the amount of bass I get its unbelievable, more than enough for my 39sq.m room even if the source of the audio was YouTube in my TV. Planning to buy a DAC with wifi so I can stream music.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had to search hard to find this thread again. Finally...

Thanks for your suggestions fellows.I spoke with the salesman about those speaker and he thinks Monitor Audio bronze 2 is the one to go...and if I don't like it then I can return those and they will change .....so I ordered a pair and truly I don't regret for a sec tills now....I run in these speakers for about 6 hours and played variety of music...they all sounds fantastic in my ears. Maybe tweeter sounds not so airy but its detailed and I also like the bass..Overall good looking speakers...the amount of bass I get its unbelievable, more than enough for my 39sq.m room even if the source of the audio was YouTube in my TV. Planning to buy a DAC with wifi so I can stream music.
Hi, I am looking for new bookshelf speakers to match with my ARCAM FMJ A18. Like others, I am trying to decide between Dali Zensor 3 and Monitor Audio Bronze 2.

Just a question, do you already have the monitor audio bronze 2? If yes, after all this time, are you still satisfied with your choose?

Many Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
It's a personal choice - I like the Zensors better then the Bronze, but the Silver better then the Zensors

·
Registered
22,225 Posts
Hi, I am looking for new bookshelf speakers to match with my ARCAM FMJ A18. Like others, I am trying to decide between Dali Zensor 3 and Monitor Audio Bronze 2.

Just a question, do you already have the monitor audio bronze 2? If yes, after all this time, are you still satisfied with your choose?

Many Thanks!!!!
Are you running in 2.0 or with a sub?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are you running in 2.0 or with a sub?
Hi Geoff, right now I am running in 2.0 (Arcam FMJ A18 + Infinity Primus P252). The room that I am using is an small office, and in general I prefer 2.0 than 2.1.

Mi idea is to improve the general sound quality by improving the speakers. I think that the Primus are very good, but for sure Monitor Audio or Dali should be much better.

Many Thanks!

Regards, Gustavo

·
Registered
22,225 Posts
Hi Geoff, right now I am running in 2.0 (Arcam FMJ A18 + Infinity Primus P252). The room that I am using is an small office, and in general I prefer 2.0 than 2.1.

Mi idea is to improve the general sound quality by improving the speakers. I think that the Primus are very good, but for sure Monitor Audio or Dali should be much better.

Many Thanks!

Regards, Gustavo
Then if you can fit them the Monitor Audio might be a better choice with their almost 10hz greater bass extension.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Then if you can fit them the Monitor Audio might be a better choice with their almost 10hz greater bass extension.
Thanks for your suggestion, it is a very good point to be considered the additional 10hz bass extension. Also, in buenos aires Monitor Audio is cheaper than Dali :wink:

Regards!

·
Registered
22,225 Posts
Thanks for your suggestion, it is a very good point to be considered the additional 10hz bass extension. Also, in buenos aires Monitor Audio is cheaper than Dali :wink:

Regards!
Excellent.

I was born in Brazil of UK parents and then moved to Colombia before leaving for the UK at age 6, (HS in Belgium the rest of my life here in the US).

Argentina is one place I've always wanted to visit.

Your countrymen are renowned for their friendliness.

Really can't go very far wrong with either speaker but in 2.0 greater bass extension is a good thing IMHO.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Excellent.

I was born in Brazil of UK parents and then moved to Colombia before leaving for the UK at age 6, (HS in Belgium the rest of my life here in the US).

Argentina is one place I've always wanted to visit.

Your countrymen are renowned for their friendliness.

Really can't go very far wrong with either speaker but in 2.0 greater bass extension is a good thing IMHO.
Thanks again, and of course, you are very welcome to come to Argentina. For sure we are very friendly, we have very good food, and beautiful women... :laugh:

Reactions: gajCA
1 - 12 of 12 Posts