Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I currently have a pair of Energy E:XL26 front speakers, and am thinking of buying a set of Monitor Audio Bronze B4, B2, Bctr, and ASW sub for home theater / music (get rid of Energy's).

Do you guys think this is a good upgrade? I will be getting a Yamaha RXV-1400 or Denon AVR2803 amp. (Probably Yammie).

Are the Monitor Audio's a good speaker for a 12' x 20' room? I find the Energy's slightly harsh and sometimes overwhelmed by aggresive Movie scene's. I am looking for more musical speakers that are also good for home theater. I listen to mostly rock / metal music, but my wife like country.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The MA Silvers fill my 15' x 24' room quite nicely, and loudly despite heavy absorptive treatments. The bronze line is very good as well, and should suit your room just fine. I haven't heard the Energys but I definitely recommend you give the Bronzes a listen. The Silvers are very musical.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I heard the Bronze series at Good Guy's and thought they were great at their price point - nice for HT and music. They have also been very well reviewed. GG had them for 25% off MSRP...

John

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I set up MA Bronze system for my in-laws in their living room which is wide open to kitchen on one side & dining room on the other side with high ceilings. They are paired with Integra DTR-6.3. I can tell you that this receiver has balls. It has no problem filling that wide open space with sound & the speakers do sound great. I don't know how they will sound with Yamaha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.