AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope somebody out there can advise, would these speakers be suitable for use in ceiling for Atmos ?

I have been told as long as the speakers dispersion is good they might be suitable.

My room is very small 9'2" wide x 14'4" long x 7'2" high, the main seating position (2 seats) is 11' from the screen and 2'8" from the back wall and 2'10" from the side walls.

Thank You For Any Advice :)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I think the problem with CT265-FX is it's a di-pole/bi-pole speaker and for atmos in-ceiling, you need mono-pole..

Perhaps a better option will be CT265 or CT265-IDC

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
+1 justthinking's comments.

Might also be worth watching this Andrew Jones video.

He makes an interesting argument for the advantages of upward-reflecting speakers over ceiling speakers for Atmos setups in a home environment. It echoes my experience listening to Atmos setups in smaller, "home sized" rooms versus in theaters.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I hope somebody out there can advise, would these speakers be suitable for use in ceiling for Atmos ?

I have been told as long as the speakers dispersion is good they might be suitable.

My room is very small 9'2" wide x 14'4" long x 7'2" high, the main seating position (2 seats) is 11' from the screen and 2'8" from the back wall and 2'10" from the side walls.

Thank You For Any Advice :)
What is your current speakers and setup/layout? 5.1? 7.1?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts