AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I auditioned Monitor Audio Gold Referece Center / LCR speakers as left and right mains with a Velodyne sub this past weekend. I thought they sounded great but the store didn't have another speaker to hook up as a center to audition movies. Has anyone listened to or purchased 3 of these speakers for the front and center speakers in a system. If so what are you using for a subwoofer? Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I haven't heard this type of configuration. I do have MA GR60's coupled with a GRC. My concern about using the GRC as main LR speakers would be that they aren't really very dynamic. They're acoustic suspension, not ported like the GR10's or the S2 Silver. I have used my GR10's in place of my GR60's along with my Earthquake Supernova MkIV-15, and they sound fairly robust. The knock on MA's center channel speakers have always been they're lack of dynamics. Of course, the lack of a port means that you can place them in a cabinet without adversly effecting the sound...

Obviously, I can't comment on how well they image, as I've never heard them as a stereo pair. If you listened to them, and they sounded good to you in stereo, then adding the same speaker as a center certainly wouldn't hurt the sound.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.