AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been surching for opinions on the monitor audio radius system. the packege is about 1500.00, this includes the sub, 4 surrounds and a center channel. ill be matching it with a yamaha 2400, and a dennon dvd2200 for a bedroom system, these speakers look great, and to my untrained ear sound great, the small size is important and the dark vaneer mohagany looks great. i dont want to make a mistake spending this much on small speakers, any advice or opinions? i found these speakers at good guys.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Monitor Audio speakers are very good and are often praised highly. I have not had a chance to hear the Radius series but from what I've read they're not bad at all for being such small speakers. You might also want to look at the Energy Take 5 and NHT SuperZeros for comparison.

Also, when buying from Good Guys, keep in mind that they are charging full retail, which means they have a large profit margin. You can almost guarantee that they have ~10% headroom to bargain, so try your hardest to squeeze a discount out of the salesman. At the VERY LEAST you should be able to haggle a free extended warranty on the set.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I am also interested in the Radius series. Monitor Audio showed several new models to this line at the CES. One in particular was a twin "woofer" satellite and center channel.

I was not able to listen to them but would love to hear any feedback from owners of the Radius series speakers.

Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
762 Posts
I listened to the Radius series but am leaning towards an MA Bronze setup (B2, Center and FX surrounds). However, I'm still thinking of using the Radiuses for a second zone (2 Radius 180s with the sub). They have a good sound for small speakers but just cannot match the smoothness of the B2s.

Of course, all this may change when I audition some Paradigms next week.

Bob

·
Registered
262 Posts
I listened to the Monitor Radius coupled with a Yamaha 1400 and these were the speakers I thought I would buy, however I ended up with the Defiinitve Technology Pro Cinema series. I thought the Def Techs were a bit brighter and the sub a bit cleaner. I ended up with the 6.1 system and all speakers are exactly the same. They are in a room about 25' x 20' and I couldn't be happier. Music is great esp SCAD and DVD A but movies are incredible. The radius series are very good and with speakers it is such an individual thing that I don't think you could go wrong with the Radius.

P.S. I also listened to the Klipsch sub/sat, Boston Auidio and CSW. The Radius were better than all of these to my ear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.