AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Monitor Audio REF 705 PMC SOLD

Edit: SOLD

Matching pair of super rare Monitor Audio REF 705 PMC. They are the biggest model of the PMC line, they sound and look incredible. Black oak real wood veneer finish with gold anodized drivers.

Including the center channel, CC700.

Info on these is hard to find, if you don't already know about them. Here are some links:

http://www.soundstage.com/video/revequip/ian03.htm

http://sonitus.co.kr/pages/page_62.php?sn=8192

And pics in my 'game room':

One woofer has a small cosmetic issue that can only be seen up close. Please contact me for more pics and details.

Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Beautiful speakers... how old are they? Can you share a photo of the cosmetic issue with the driver? And....AND.... is that a good old Technics AVR ?!?!?!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks! They are around 20 years old based on when the model was in production, mid 90's - I am the second owner and not positive when they were purchased new.

The cosmetic issue, sure, here are some horrible cell pics. It's a very small dent on the cone and into the surround - it's a little impact by the previous owner and hasn't affected my listening. I may replace the rubber surround at some point if they don't find a new home, just because I'm one of those anal types.

And yes, that's my trusty Technics SA-AX530! Had it since new, almost 20 years. It got beat up in shipping when I moved but it's never let me down. Had to replace it with a Pioneer VSX in my main system for HDMI hookups, so the Technics is on game room duty now (PS2, N64, and SNES).

Anyway here are the close-ups:

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Edit: SOLD

Matching pair of super rare Monitor Audio REF 705 PMC. They are the biggest model of the PMC line, they sound and look incredible. Black oak real wood veneer finish with gold anodized drivers.

Including the center channel, CC700.

Info on these is hard to find, if you don't already know about them. Here are some links:

One woofer has a small cosmetic issue that can only be seen up close. Please contact me for more pics and details.

Thanks!
I know this thread is old but I'm curious what these sold for. I have a pair and would love to know what I can get for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts