AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a TV monitor sitting between my speakers. Now, I know this is not ideal for the audio environment. I get substantial impovement with depth, palpability, ambience, etc... when I don't have a TV sitting between the speakers, but I don't have much choice at the moment until I move in the future.

I have trid throwing thick branket over the TV but this helps very little. My audio listening is very important and I would like a suggestion on what to do to impove sound with TV in place.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Hello Amator,

I was in a similar situation as you a few months ago. I had a big 36inch TV in between my speakers. I also tried putting a blanket over the TV to compensate, but it became a hassel.

I would suggest pulling your speakers closer towards you and don't be afraid to listen to it near field. You might be surprised with the results. Pulling the speakers farther away from the TV limits to damaging results of having a big TV in between the speakers.

Just my 2cents, Brian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try.

I seen that you are from Vancouver. Do you know of any good ISF calibration tech locally? I hear not all the techs are capable of good calibration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.