AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of monitor 40's i use as my front left and right. They have dual hook ups in the back. If I hook into the top hook up, I only hear the tweeter, if I hook into the bottom, I only hear the woofers. How do I fix this, as it is quite annoying.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevenberg /forum/post/20777791

I have a set of monitor 40's i use as my front left and right. They have dual hook ups in the back. If I hook into the top hook up, I only hear the tweeter, if I hook into the bottom, I only hear the woofers. How do I fix this, as it is quite annoying.

What happen to the gold jumpers that they are suppose to have?

Those will fix the problem

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could I use speaker wire instead of jumpers for the time being?

Went ahead and put speaker wire in for jumpers, seems to be working. Bought these on ebay and there were no pictures of the backs. I contacted the seller and told him he had 24 hours to respond since these were listed as "like new" before I filed a complaint with ebay

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya, it was a pair of monitor40 and a CS1 for about 2/3 what buying them from newegg would have cost. He is going to send me them. He had them hooked up with dual banana plugs and forgot to put the jumpers in when he mailed it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 /forum/post/20779624

You don't "need" the jumpers, a simple piece of wire(like you've done) will suffice. Just depends if you care to make him mail the jumpers.

He is mailing me the jumpers. He apparently was using dual banana plugs so he had removed them. I wouldn't have made him except that I had already had enough issues with him before he left out the jumpers, I was done with his crap. Plus the jumpers will give a much cleaner look since you can see the backs of the speakers when you come from my kitchen/dining room to my living room.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.