Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fine AVS Forum folks,

I recently took delivery of a DM-7752ST, only to discover the monitor is producing very low image quality at all resoultions.

I have attached a picture taken with a digital camera. The picture overexagerates the lack of sharpness, but does show the fading and discolouration near the corners.

What I'm trying to determine is 1) are these issues typical and 2) what is the best approach to take with Albatron?

More background:

* I have no magnetic feilds near the monitor that could be causing these effects

* I have degaussed the monitor several times to no avail

* I have tried both VGA inputs

* These problems are noticable with _all_ pictures, including watching TV with the video box and playing XBOX

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
What about modifying the color/brightness/contrast settings to correct the problem? Where is the video signal coming from? HTPC?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those controls do work... but they effect the whole picture, and don't work to correct the dim lower right/left corners. Also, sharpness is unaffected.

/AJ

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Sounds like some kind of geometric misalignment and this is definitely not normal if the color/brightness/contrast doesn't resolve the problem and it affects all inputs, including VGA and Vision Box. I don't have this problem with my DM-7752ST and I recommend you contact Albatron for a free replacement at no charge to you. Pictures like the one you posted will definitely help in convincing them you got a defective unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.