AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When people use Monkey_man's idea for a diy ceiling mount, how far do you screw the M4 bolts into the projector? Also, do you have the lower wing nuts secure agains the unit when attached?

I will be getting my second L300u next week, as the one I just got don't work. I want to make sure I didn't do something to it when I attached the mount. I guess overall, have any problems occured when making use of this mount?

·
Registered
904 Posts
I really doubt you did something wrong by installing the mount..

You only need to make the M4's tight 'n snug in the projectors "rivet nuts"

No need to torque the bolts down too much since the projector will have no structural movement when mounted.. ( I'm a 15 yr auto tech, cars are a little different)

Again, the lower wing nuts only have to be "finger tight" to be effective...

And take into consideration the rivet nuts were placed in an appropriate position during the engineering of the unit to avoid any damage if the mounting device was installed incorrectly...

I'm sure that any problem you have encountered was not caused by mounting, but again.. I've seen people do some pretty silly stuff with their automobiles :p

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's good to know, and hopefully, the next one works out better. I was still wondering though, how far are people screwing the M4 bolt into the projector?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.