AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for opinions here - this is what I would like to do...

Considering placing a pair of MBM-12s with my mains - one directly under each main that is. Planning on running the LFE out from my receiver (crossed at either 100 or 80hz) to an SMS-1 (with the crossover in the SMS disabled). Since the SMS has 3 LFE outs, I would run one to each of the MBMs (which would have them handling 50 to either 80 or 100hz) and run the third LFE out from SMS to my PB12-ultra/2 (with cross in ultra/2 set to pass 50 on down). I'm wondering if anyone has tried something similar to this? My concern is that the mono bass from the MBMs might detract from the stereo imaging from my mains, but as the freqencies that will be mono'd (is that a word?) will only be from 100 or less on down, I'm thinking it might not be much of a problem.

Thanks,

TG

·
Registered
601 Posts
Why not run the MBMs in stereo if you are planning on colocating them with your mains?

You would likely need a separate external x-over in addition to the SMS-1 but I believe the results would make it worthwhile.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.