AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was asking a friend at MonoPrice a question and he suggested that I post my question to the AV Forum. I am opening a yoga studio and want to put a good sound in the yoga room. I will also have two other (separate) zones that I would like to put sound in for a total of three zones.

The most important sound will go into the yoga room. The room dimensions are 30 x 44 x 10, and will be just an open space. The floor will be sports wood vinyl with a ¼ inch foam layer underneath. The walls will be standard dry wall, except one of the long walls will have 7-foot mirror run the full length. The ceiling is a standard 2x4 drop in grid.

I was planning on running 2 sets of speakers. One set on each end of the room. Wall mounted, facing each other. Any thoughts on speaker placement and any suggestions on specific speakers?

In talking with different individuals that work in audio I have gotten very opinionated views on running Stereo or Mono in the room??? What does everyone think is the best approach?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I would think mono would probably produce better results, but there's no real reason you can't run your wires, set up your speakers, and try it both ways. You may even find it desirable to switch between mono and stereo at times, depending on the material being played and if the room is ever used for anything else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts