AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Looks pretty good, my only feedback is I would have cut your Y(cable boot) down in size and ran some Red and Black shrinky up onto the banana plugs and shrinked it down onto your rubber Y.

That would finish of the wonderful job you did. GREAT WORK by the way!

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwincustoms /forum/post/0

Looks pretty good, my only feedback is I would have cut your Y(cable boot) down in size and ran some Red and Black shrinky up onto the banana plugs and shrinked it down onto your rubber Y.

Ya I thought about that but each banana plug has the colour on them so it really isn't necessary Thanks for the kind words! Those cable pants are on eBay for $.99 each btw. Fast shipping. Tech flex is $4.25 for 25 feet from a seller named furryletters in the auto section

·
Registered
224 Posts
Looks good, I already got some of those same MP banana plugs....maybe will do the same later

·
Registered
331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure-Evil /forum/post/19648898

Ya I thought about that but each banana plug has the colour on them so it really isn't necessary

That's what I thought until I accidentally pulled out the negative on one of my channels and had it short on it's neighbor.

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjo_reich
That's what I thought until I accidentally pulled out the negative on one of my channels and had it short on it's neighbor.
oops. how'd you do that? and I'm not sure how shrink tube on the banana connectors would have prevented that exactly.

·
Registered
354 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwincustoms /forum/post/19648881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure-Evil /forum/post/19648898

Ya I thought about that but each banana plug has the colour on them so it really isn't necessary Thanks for the kind words! Those cable pants are on eBay for $.99 each btw. Fast shipping. Tech flex is $4.25 for 25 feet from a seller named furryletters in the auto section

Pure-Evil, my concern is if you are plugging them into your speaker and assuming the wire is a little heavy, would that expose the bare wire between the cable pants and the banana plugs, or did you manage somehow to tuck the cable pants inside the banana plug assembly?

Hmm...I guess I could try it myself since I just got the pants today, and have some extra MP plugs (although I won't be using them for this setup). Let's assume I am lazy though

EDIT: It seems the posts above me are floating around the same question i have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts