AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
You may have noticed (or not) that HDCP is not mentioned anywhere on the product description. I called monoprice myself and asked to confirm compatibility of this unit with HDCP, and they told me it will NOT work with HDCP encrypted signals and devices. Your PS3 might be able to pass the video signal from games, but Blu Ray movies will definetely not work with this splitter. Gefen makes a powered splitter that is HDCP compliant for about twice the price...I've seen it around $269 online. I'm probably going to buy it myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here is the response i got. So I am unsure of what the issues are. Wondering if anyone could let me know.


Hi wildchild22


PID 3049 is HDCP compliant. However, issues have been reported with regard to using it with the PS3. PID's 2786 & 2777, have been tested and do work with PS3.


Should you have any question, please feel free to email us.

Thank you for doing business with us.


Regards,


Howard

Monoprice, Inc.

Tel. 909-989-6887
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
673 Posts
I believe he is looking for a splitter to feed two or more displays simultaneously, switcher is different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertoy /forum/post/0

5x1 hdmi switcher


i have this monoprice 5x1 hdmi switcher and it works perfectly with my PS3. No probs in playing blu-ray.
 

·
UHD Addict
Joined
·
39,647 Posts
You could try the Monoprice 5x4 HDMI switch but it is expensive.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
673 Posts
Do you have a link or part#?


Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt /forum/post/0


You could try the Monoprice 5x4 HDMI switch but it is expensive.
 

·
UHD Addict
Joined
·
39,647 Posts
Here is a 1in 2 out HDMI splitter that I found from Connect Gear. It is priced under $100

ConnectGear HDMI Splitter (1-In,2-Out)

Model# HSP12



I have no idea if it's any good but it is supposed to be HDCP compliant and support resolutions up to 1080P. It is definitely priced right. I might try to order one so I can split the output of my VP50 and have one output go to my display and the other go to my receiver. That way I can finally get rid of my optical cable going from my VP50 to my receiver.
 

·
UHD Addict
Joined
·
39,647 Posts
I see Monoprice also has a 1x2 Powered HDMI splitter

Monoprice Powered 1x2 HDMI splitter


I don't know why I didn't see it before. But it doesn't list any reviews for it. Plus it's $35 to $40 more than the ConnectGear splitter.
 

·
UHD Addict
Joined
·
39,647 Posts
I just ordered the ConnectGear HDMI splitter. Hopfully I'll get it by the end of next week and i can see how it works. Now I need to order a two 15ft. HDMI cables from Monoprice so my HD DVD player and PS3 can go straight to my VP50 instead of going through my receiver first.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
673 Posts
Hi, thanks for the tip on the ConnectGear, have not heard from them before. Where did you purchase that from?


Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt /forum/post/0


I just ordered the ConnectGear HDMI splitter. Hopfully I'll get it by the end of next week and i can see how it works. Now I need to order a two 15ft. HDMI cables from Monoprice so my HD DVD player and PS3 can go straight to my VP50 instead of going through my receiver first.
 

·
UHD Addict
Joined
·
39,647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C /forum/post/0


Hi, thanks for the tip on the ConnectGear, have not heard from them before. Where did you purchase that from?


Mike

I ordered it from provantage.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt /forum/post/0


I ordered it from provantage.com

Lets us know how the Connect gear works. I had ordered it from Provantage but they would only ship it end of Jan so I cancelled.


I have the monoprice on order, hopefully they have sent the right unit this time, got sent the 2x1 switcher instead the first time. I will post back when I get the replacement.


I hope to split the PS3 to go to my projector and receiver.
 

·
UHD Addict
Joined
·
39,647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkar /forum/post/0


Lets us know how the Connect gear works. I had ordered it from Provantage but they would only ship it end of Jan so I cancelled.


I have the monoprice on order, hopefully they have sent the right unit this time, got sent the 2x1 switcher instead the first time. I will post back when I get the replacement.


I hope to split the PS3 to go to my projector and receiver.

The only reason I went with the ConnectGear version is becasue it specifically states that it is HDCP compliant. I would have purchased the monoprice splitter even though it's more expensive but it doesn't mention being HDCP compliant anywhere in the specs on the Monoprice website. Their HDMI switches state that they are HDCP compliant so I would think that if the 1x2 splitter was HDCP compliant they would list that in the specs. Anyway hopefully all these splitters will work.
 
1 - 20 of 141 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top