AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Looking forward to review. I need to upgrade from component and hoping to use this with a 40' run and 2 75' ft runs. Will probably pull new cables w/ equalizers on the 75'. Will I need repeaters? Wish it had digital audio breakout like the 4x4 switch at HDTV supply but for 1/3 the price I can grab the audio from the tv and feed back to the receivers. Though not mentioned I assume it is HDCP compliant. Haven't been researching too much any caveats for matrix splitting HDMI?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - I have a Chinese 4x2 HDMI switcher and am looking to grab the monoprice unit - just wondering what the switching time is between devices? It can take up to 15 seconds on my current unit, which is a major pain.

·
Registered
158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalon74 /forum/post/16954132

Mine will be here Friday. I have 2 40' runs and a 50' run. I'm hopeful that it will work for that distance, but realistic that it may not...

Works great on all feeds - 40' and 50' connected to 2 Viewsonic 26" LCD's and a 40' connected to my Epson 6500 projector. I initially had an old 35' HDMI cable that I bought 4-5 years ago going the projector. This cable wasn't syncing properly but as soon as I swapped it with a new cable everything worked as expected.

My sources are 2 DirecTv HDDVR's and an Oppo Bluray player.

I'm pleasantly surprised with this device!!

·
Registered
376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalon74 /forum/post/16964943

Works great on all feeds - 40' and 50' connected to 2 Viewsonic 26" LCD's and a 40' connected to my Epson 6500 projector. I initially had an old 35' HDMI cable that I bought 4-5 years ago going the projector. This cable wasn't syncing properly but as soon as I swapped it with a new cable everything worked as expected.

What kind of cables do you have?

·
Registered
158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by az1324 /forum/post/16966444

What kind of cables do you have?

40' and 50' from monoprice. Item numbers 3964 and 2110. I'm connecting to the switch from my sources with item number 3991 3' HDMI's.

Hope that helps Watched all weekend. The only issue is when my Oppo changes resolutions. I need to change inputs then back and it corrects.

·
Registered
154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalon74 /forum/post/16964943

Are these displays all 1080p or mix of 720 and 1080?

Is it hooked up to a receiver? If so, can you get TrueHD and DTS-HD?

·
Registered
158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gabito /forum/post/16981540

Are these displays all 1080p or mix of 720 and 1080?

Is it hooked up to a receiver? If so, can you get TrueHD and DTS-HD?

One is 1080p and two are 720p. I am using it to pass audio to the two LCD TVs and that works very well. My receiver can't do HDMI so I can't answer that one.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Just got mine and it isn't working with the cat6 HDMI wallplates @ 75ft (EDIT: also scan lines and no audio at 35ft). The wallplates work fine at 1080i without the switch but when the switch is in the path, no luck. Thinking of trying the 75ft cables with built in equalizer next.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This may be a dumb question, but I'm completely clueless on the matrix switches. I understand the concept that it allows you to have 4 inputs and 4 outputs. I understand that you would run cat5e/6 to the room and use baluns to get the signal to the tv. How do you change the input on the tv's that you run to and how do you control a particular input?

Let's say I had DTV HD-DVR on 1 input, HTPC on another, DVD on another. How would I switch between inputs and how would I control each input with a remote?

·
Registered
376 Posts
It has IR and serial control so you would have to also run IR from the tv to the distribution room and use a universal remote at each tv to control the matrix switch or if you have a more complicated automation system it would be integrated via the serial port.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Since these are now backordered at Monoprice with no ETA, if anyone has one and for whatever reason wants to send it back, shoot me a PM instead. I'll gladly take it.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by az1324 /forum/post/17058363

Still considering options... can anyone help me decide whether I should try the 75' 22awg HDMI cables next or the 28awg with built in equalizer?

Have you tried using baluns or straight runs?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts