AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my Tosh 50HPX95 Plasma and a Denon s-301 HTIB. I am really torn on the issue of spending money on HDMI cables and other cables. I have spent alot on the tv and theater components and want to get good quality picture and sound, without getting stung on price. So what are your thoughts and recommendations on the Monoprice stuff? How about a suggestion on Surge Protectors for the same reasons? Really appreciate the info. STUCATT

·
Registered
147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stucatt /forum/post/0

I just bought my Tosh 50HPX95 Plasma and a Denon s-301 HTIB. I am really torn on the issue of spending money on HDMI cables and other cables. I have spent alot on the tv and theater components and want to get good quality picture and sound, without getting stung on price. So what are your thoughts and recommendations on the Monoprice stuff? How about a suggestion on Surge Protectors for the same reasons? Really appreciate the info. STUCATT

I am using HDMI cables from Monoprice, and they work great!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I recently purchased a PowerSentry surge protector from Costco, for a typically low Costco price. I wanted the ability to run my cable coaxial through it (which it does.) FWIW, it also claims to have power conditioning abilities, and a $300,000 equipment warranty.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I bought a 6 foot HDMI->DVI cable from monoprice and am Very pleased with it. I get a great picture from my new H20 receiver to my Sony LCD RP.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I am using a component cable from them and have some more (HDMI) waiting to be used when my new STB comes. I have zero complaints.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Without question or reservation use monoprice!!! The cable selection, quality, price and vendor performance are the best. They ship small orders USPS quickly. Instock cables I have internet ordered on the weekend consistantly show up on the following Wed or Thur.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
another positive vote for monoprice, like many when I bought my LCD at Best Buy the sales person tried to hoist a $149 6ft Monster HDMI Cable on my, I passed went to monoprice and got a 10ft cable with a shielded heavy jacket, a nicer cable for $28 bucks and it works fantastic. Don't pay a 500% markup at Best buy!

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I was skeptical when I first bought some cables from monoprice.com, but when paying a fraction of what it would cost (even at the low end) on the streets with shipping, I figured what the heck. I've bought DVI, HDMI, and Toslink (digital optical cable) from them all complete satisfaction.

CCourtney

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Using DVI->HDMI 6ft cable from monoprice and it has been everything a cable should be

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the postive note on monoprice. Get to save change in my pocket to buy the more important stuff. Thanks again Stucatt

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would like to add that I am using 25 foot cables from monoprice component, and HDMI and have an Optoma H79 projecting at 100 inches. And it looks stunning. I was as aprehensive as you at first but was also reasured by posts like these. It finally came down to what have I really got to loose at these prices I could go out to dinner for more than this and I was very happy I got them. Saved alot of money for other things.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Another strong vote for Monoprice HDMI cables. Shopping on their site I thought to myself, This is how a/v cables should be priced.

Their budget priced 6' HDMI cable also has a nice snug fit into my cable box and previously into a HDMI->DVI adapter (which was also from monoprice and of good quality). I'd even claim that this cable "sounds and looks as good as competitors that are 10x the price"

·
Registered
225 Posts
Not only do I vouch for their HDMI cables, but their RG6 coax as well. Really inexpensive, but high-quality.

·
Banned
1,401 Posts
I have bought a 25 foot HDMI (28awg)and 2--3 foot (28awg) hdmi CABLES.++++A 4X1 hdmi switcher......and I have to say this company has GREAT customer service..and there cables are like ropes there so thick....I WOULD/WILL NOT SPEND BIG BUCKS ON MONSTER CABLES WHEN YOU CAN GET THE SAME TYPE OF BUILD & QUALITY FROM MONOPRICE!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
As if they needed more positive feedback, but I bought all my HDMI/DVI cables and some TosLink opticals a couple weeks ago from them when I bought my HD receiver. The cables exceeded my expectations by far. Plus I have the nice benefit that they do will call and are only about 5 minutes from the office.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Another vote for monoprice. Quality excellent, customer service excellent, delivery time excellent. Ordered at 3pm, received 7am next morning.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts