563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to order the following:

15ft hdmi cable

200 ft in wall speaker wire

some usb extendors

some cable management (the velcro kind)

some other random stuff

However, Monoprice is down and won't be taking orders for a couple weeks...do I just syphen through amazon to find what I need, or is there an equal place for price out there?

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Parts Express is a good backup.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spoke with Monprice and they say the site will be up, maybe, but no orders will take place online for a couple weeks yet.

·
Registered
15,396 Posts
That's a pretty serious period of time to go without letting your customers buy stuff from you. I wonder what the back story on this is.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya, I'm not 100% sure on what the deal is, I do know they've been down all weekend, and they were supposed to be up 10 hours ago, but are now delayed again. And, when they are back up, they say the servers wont' be fully functinal.

parts express is a very nice site, making my list now and shopping there

·
Registered
143 Posts
Here's what I got from them:

At this time Our IT department is currently running Maintenance on our servers and conducting an investigation to confirm if previous reports of our system being breached are correct. Once our It department has completed this investigation we will address this concern with our customers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The site appears to be back up, but it doesn't look like they're taking any orders anytime soon. Major bummer, I was planning to wire our new house in a few weeks and so far I haven't found anyone who comes close to their prices on the basic parts I need (most RG6 and Cat6).

·
Registered
25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianHDaddict /forum/post/18278898

It appears that the site was hacked and cc information stolen. A lot of people are reporting fraudulent charges on their cc. So if you recently ordered from monoprice you should contact your cc and either cancel the card or ask them to monitor the account.

It appears mine was one of the stolen numbers, someone in dallas charged $414 to my credit card about 5 days after I bought at monoprice a few days ago.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I placed a order Friday, and paid with paypal, so I hope I am ok. Hackers should have their fingers cut off...grrrrrr. And of course I have no idea if/when it is going to ship!

·
Registered
20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRR /forum/post/18280688

I placed a order Friday, and paid with paypal, so I hope I am ok. Hackers should have their fingers cut off...grrrrrr. And of course I have no idea if/when it is going to ship!

Im in the same boat. I don't understand how they internally can't give us our tracking number or if it even shipped. The online CSR thing is a waste of time.

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Worms /forum/post/18280657

Now how do you trust them again!

I wouldn't consider them any more or less risky than any other Internet transaction. The key is to always use a credit card that stands behind you. I've never had a problem getting credits for the half a dozen fraudulent charges on my American Express credit card over the past 10 or so years.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I had AMEX flag a $1 charge on iTunes a few days ago. No idea how they caught it but they did. I do use iTunes. I just didn't make that particular purchase. I hemmed and hawed about how it could have been one of my kids, $1 is not a big deal, yadda, yadda. They said they didn't care about the amount and wanted to send me a new card right away. I had no idea about the connection to monoprice until I read this thread. (I've bought a LOT of stuff recently from them using my AMEX). AMEX is GOOD! Glad I use it as my primary card. Not to mention that I've had my AMEX number comprimised in the past to the tune of over $7K. Filed for fraud and the charge was removed that daybefore even starting their investigation. Best CC company ever. AMEX FTW!!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts