AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I need some advice. I have an Onkyo TX-SR 705. I currently have a Polk Audio RM-20 speaker system. I am interested in upgrading to in ceiling speakers. I am all set with my front three speakers and sub but I am leaning toward buying the monoprice 8 inch kevlar speaker for the 4 rear channels (product ID 4929). I am curious if any of you think I am selling my system short by not buying better quality rear speakers? Thanks for the help and info.

I appreciate it, Brian

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
The 8" in-ceiling surrounds may even outclass the Polk RM fronts.... 8" mid-woofer vs. 3.5"

But, they will work fine with your speakers for movie sound tracks, there is just not that much unique audio in the surround channels other than ambient and special effect audio. You might even consider the 5.25" or 6.5" units.

·
Registered
335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_vanmeter /forum/post/19557693

The 8" in-ceiling surrounds may even outclass the Polk RM fronts.... 8" mid-woofer vs. 3.5"

But, they will work fine with your speakers for movie sound tracks, there is just not that much unique audio in the surround channels other than ambient and special effect audio. You might even consider the 5.25" or 6.5" units.

You can get a pair Polk 6.5'' in-ceiling speakers for less than $100 on Amazon.com. I just bought a pair for the surrounds and have SVS for the front 3 and sub.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.