AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who were waiting for it, the new 4x1 switcher has just changed to instock status at monoprice.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

I placed my order already and hopefully will have the unit by Monday to test with.

I've a Toshiba A2, PS3, and D* HD DVR unit and the A2 has ALWAYS given me fits with any other switcher used. Hopefully this will be "ring to rule them all".

I'll post back here once received.

Michael

·
Registered
1,814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelTS /forum/post/12848359

For those who were waiting for it, the new 4x1 switcher has just changed to instock status at monoprice.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

I placed my order already and hopefully will have the unit by Monday to test with.

I've a Toshiba A2, PS3, and D* HD DVR unit and the A2 has ALWAYS given me fits with any other switcher used. Hopefully this will be "ring to rule them all".

I'll post back here once received.

Michael

I just ordered one too...I have an A3 and had originally bought the "other" 4x1 switch on monoprice (#4066) but didn't realize it was an autoswitch...that means I couldn't switch to the A3 input until the A3 had finished booting (around 15 seconds)...it bothered me so much that I returned it to monoprice and ate the shipping cost...hopefully this one does the trick...

·
Registered
54 Posts
You'll have to wait until Tuesday......Monday a Holiday .I place a order in for 2. Just hope I don't have problems with my Harmony 880 and 688. Will I be able to leave ON my Directv HDDVR all the time....even while switching to My HD-DVD Player ? I need to have it on for recording.....

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
I just ordered one. It should arrive on Tuesday. I will report on it when I receive it. The remote should be no issue for the Harmony. You can always teach it the 4 codes if they are not the same as the previous unit. I will try the 4x1 codes that Harmony has for the previous 4x1 switcher first to see if they are the same. I don't know if the unit does autoswitching but it seems that most switches do it today.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, true about Mon being a holiday.

The HDMI switch shouldn't affect your dvr at all as the inputs are from sat or the wall which is all that it cares about. I never turn my hd dvr off myself so, it's OUTput has no bearing whatsoever on the recorded INput

michael

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thankx for the Help......First time ordering from

MonoPrice.I must say they are SUPER FAST,I place order late into the evening and 1 hour later,I had a tracking number.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Monoprice along with a few other companies offer great support. Oppo and Blue-Jean are a few others that come to mind. They care about their customers that is the reason why they are successful.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just ordered one. This looks like a great product, exactly what I've been looking for, without the high price that comes along with these things from other companies.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley /forum/post/12854382

I just ordered one. It should arrive on Tuesday. I will report on it when I receive it. The remote should be no issue for the Harmony. You can always teach it the 4 codes if they are not the same as the previous unit. I will try the 4x1 codes that Harmony has for the previous 4x1 switcher first to see if they are the same. I don't know if the unit does autoswitching but it seems that most switches do it today.

I was told by a tech there that it is exactly like the rev 2.5 except for being 1.3b compliant...many with the rev 2.5 have said they are able to switch to non-powered inputs...that is the problem with the other 4x1 switch on monoprice in that it would only switch to powered inputs...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Im about to order one of these, I have been waiting for them to be in stock. I have a A2, HR21 and comcast moto DVR.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Just got mine...it works perfectly...this one does NOT have a blinking green light on the active input...that was irritating on my previous model...and this one will switch to any input whether the device is powered or not...doesn't take up much space either...

·
Registered
34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17 /forum/post/12897941

Just got mine...it works perfectly...this one does NOT have a blinking green light on the active input...that was irritating on my previous model...and this one will switch to any input whether the device is powered or not...doesn't take up much space either...

Great News, I am waiting for mine to arrive. Do you have harmony? if so was it any trouble getting it programmed?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweet, mine should be here today then.

I'm looking forward to this as I have but 1 HDMI input on my TV. This will be a welcome addition indeed if it handles the switching correctly (which it should given my research and 4 or so problem products before.)

michael

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
I also received mine today. It works great and they have changed the very bright LED's to ones that will not cause a issue. They have listened to our suggestions. I have tried this switch with A Panasonic BD30, Toshiba XA2, Oppo 981, & PS3 all going into a Onkyo 605 which outputs to my AE900. Everything works and the price is also right. I would give it 5 stars and a Best Buy award. I don't know of any other switch for under $40 that works as well. In fact I don't know any at twice the price. I also want to point out that it uses the same remote codes as the previous Monoprice switch so it will be very easy to set up a Harmony remote.

I suggest ordering one before they sell out. I am betting there will be a waiting list for this one.

I have also tested outputing Dolby True HD and DTSMA using bitstream with out a problem.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I received both of mine today( Monoprice HDX-401E),work great.This was my first order from Monoprice.I am really impress by the HDMI cables.They are well put together.The service was fast.I was surprize by the size of the switch box ( 7 x 3 x 3/4 ) .But that is good if you are looking to save space.

I have a Sony A/V STR-DE1075,but only 3 Opitcal input.Do they make a Audio Switch Box for Opitcal Cables ? I need more Inputs. Thankx

·
Registered
27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHunt13 /forum/post/12903437

I received both of mine today( Monoprice HDX-401E),work great.This was my first order from Monoprice.I am really impress by the HDMI cables.They are well put together.The service was fast.I was surprize by the size of the switch box ( 7 x 3 x 3/4 ) .But that is good if you are looking to save space.

I have a Sony A/V STR-DE1075,but only 3 Opitcal input.Do they make a Audio Switch Box for Opitcal Cables ? I need more Inputs. Thankx

Monoprice also sells a optical splitter splitter and also an optical 3 way switch. Both should work great depending on what you need.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Received mine last night and it worked exactly as hoped. My A2, PS3, and HD DVR are all working flawlessly through it with no issue.

Programmed the Harmony and immediately stored the remote in the entertainment center too. No issues there either (with only 7 buttons to program.)

Two thumbs up!

Michael

·
Registered
54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranzo /forum/post/12905091

Monoprice also sells a optical splitter splitter and also an optical 3 way switch. Both should work great depending on what you need.

Thankx.....just place another order for some more cables and 3 opitcal splitter.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I believe it does, but I have an IR repeater and hooked it up before ever testing the auto-switching. Call Monoprice, their sales people are quite knowledgeable.

Michael

1 - 20 of 202 Posts