AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using these?:

Click Link

They look interesting. And they're very inexpensive. I was wondering if anyone is using these and are satisfied with their quality....

·
Registered
375 Posts
I, too, ran across these on Monoprice's website. ( here is the main page with all their selections). Can't wait to hear from someone who has tried them. There are no reviews on their website as of yet.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
For an All-House music sound source combined with a room selector, they might not be to bad. However, for HT applications and proper placement of 5.1 or 7.1 setups, flush ceiling speakers are not ideal.

·
Registered
795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquack /forum/post/13140837

For an All-House music sound source combined with a room selector, they might not be to bad. However, for HT applications and proper placement of 5.1 or 7.1 setups, flush ceiling speakers are not ideal.

For my situation I have a wall on each side of the listening area. Currently I have a surround speaker mounted on each side, but the speakers look very out of place and also get bumped when walking around the couch.

An in-wall speaker seems like it would be perfect, they would face each other just like my current setup, but they would be flush with the wall and make the room look much better.

Since I currently use cheap Paradigm Micros with 4" drivers for surrounds, I would assume that in-wall speakers would come close to the sound that I am getting now, especially if I got the bigger 6" drivers. FWIW, I don't listen loud at all, just normal television viewing volume, maybe a notch or two higher for big action movies.

In my situation, do you still think my current surrounds would sound a good amount better than if I switched to in-walls?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
"/guote"

there is a very good chance the 6" or even 8" in-wall units would sound better than your current speakers. I have used both 5.25" and 8" in-wall Dayton units from Parts Exress and been very pleased with the results. There are times when more speaker cone area is "better".

·
Registered
795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_vanmeter /forum/post/13171270

"/guote"

there is a very good chance the 6" or even 8" in-wall units would sound better than your current speakers. I have used both 5.25" and 8" in-wall Dayton units from Parts Exress and been very pleased with the results. There are times when more speaker cone area is "better".

I'm hoping that's the situation because I would really like to replace my Micros with in-wall speakers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts