AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if anyone has experience with the monoprice inwall/ceiling speakers. Looking to do a 5.1 setup and the price seems perfect, but worried about the old "you get what you pay for". Is there anyone that has used them for a 5.1 set up and can give an educated opion?

·
Registered
752 Posts
There's a 22 page thread here what should answer your questions. General consensus is that they are quite decent for the money. I don't see an issue using them as surrounds. Are you planning on using monoprice all the way around?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...oprice+ceiling

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my debate. I have some older very large Paradigm floor standing speakers I could use for the front along with a big heavy older Paradigm center channel. I was originally thinking just getting these for the rear speakers but for the price (and looks wise to make momma happy) I am now thinking of using these for fronts, rears and center.

·
Registered
752 Posts
You're probably much better off in terms of front stage sound quality to go with the Paradigms you have. I don't think these can compare. As surrounds they will be fine though. What kind of Paradigm speakers do you have?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't remember off the top of my head which model number they are. They sound amazing but the size is def a negative factor on selling the wife on the whole theater idea. I am sure she would be much happier looks wise with all in wall speakers. Just dont know if I can give up the sound quality

·
Registered
752 Posts
You're on the avs forums. We don't give up on sound quality here... especially if you have those speakers already. Just tell her, we can either use what we have... or spend more money!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree....that would work with men but women are willing to spend more money for looks, not for sound quality.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by local5o /forum/post/18291100

I agree....that would work with men but women are willing to spend more money for looks, not for sound quality.

Then get both and spend your money on something nice like TRIAD in walls. For a little less, maybe Sonnance or RBH but not monoprice. I know they are an advertiser here and their wires and cables are a superb value, but speakers play a much larger role in the home theater experience than do wires and cables.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sonance seem to be about the same price....what kind of experience if any have you had with them quadriverfalls?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
As others have said the ceiling surrounds are OK, but lobby hard for the Paradigms.

Maybe try to sell her on the idea of bookshelf sides and surrounds on stands in addition to the Paradigms up front and compromise to Paradigms up front and ceilings for the rear.

Offer to paint the walls mauve or what ever else you have to do, but fight for the good sound.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts