AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I have a Best Buy GC and I'm heading there tonight to pick one of these up. I know Monster is seriously overated, but these are the only ones BB carries...Which do I choose??

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Save the $$ go AR :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's usually what I do ( I have AR PRO series component for HD+DVD,) but I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience comparing the two..

This S-video would strictly be for D* SDTV 480i.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, as fate would have it, my car broke down last night on the way to BB, so, needless to say, my purchase has been somewhat delayed. Anybody else wanna weigh in here, in the meantime?

·
Registered
573 Posts
flip22

I bought a Monster RF coax cable years ago because my analog TV had ghosting that AT&T cable could not fix. The Monster stopped the ghosting apparently because of superior shielding. My DVD player is connected by AR Pro S video and it looks much better than the "in-the-box freebie" S video cable. For analog video cable, I think Monster or AR Pro will be superior to the "in-the-box" freebie but since the AR is much cheaper, I would recommend that. Mostly, get your cable from some place that has a good return policy. For example, www.amazon.com has a great return policy and they used to carry both AR and Monster (maybe they still do). There are many good places to get cables. But, go for the good return policy so if you don't like it, bring/mail them back. You may even want to buy both, compare them, and return one. Good luck. :)

Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.