AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Sony VPL VW-50 projector and my local dealer supplied me with a 6m Monster 400 HDMI cable. This cable was long enough to test the unit but once I ceiling mounted the projector I needed a 35 foot cable so he swapped it out for me with the same Monster model cable I'm now looking at the Monster packaging with the 35 ft cable and it says that it only supports 1080i. I checked the Monster website and there it says the Monster 400 supports 1080p.

Unfortunately I am unable to currently test the 1080p since my blue-ray discs are on order and I do not have any native 1080p high dev material. Is it possible that the same cable will support 1080p at 6 meters but only 1080i at 11 meters?

I'm confused as I want my PS3 to support the 1080p native resolution with the Sony projector, otherwise why did I pay all the money for the latest gear. Any and all insights appreciated.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had exact same question regarding whether monster cable hdmi supports 1080p since the package didn't say anything about 1080p.

But upon contacting monster cable, the rep told me that all of their hdmi cables are 1080p capable. I have ps3 outputing 1080p using monster ultra 1000 10ft and it works.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, this is what I figured but was worried when I saw the packaging that the cable came in. I guess this was outdated packaging but am still curious why Monster printed 1080i if the HDMI cable would always be able to carry a 1080p signal.

Now I can't wait to get my blu-ray discs in the mail.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Any HDMI cable will support 1080p if it works at all. I hate to see people spending lots of money on simple cables though. See http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/artic...77,pg,1,00.asp then check out the Monoprice, Blue Jeans, and RAM links at the top of the page to begin seeing what is available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts