AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im the new owner of a Monster Amplifier and I have to say that im blown away with the quality, weight, and of course sound. My question is the LED power meters for each channel, they are supposed to show the Watts being used for each speaker and mine almost never move and when they do even at 0DB reference level they only go to 3-14....????

I dont get it.

Great amp though, Ive owned Adcom, Proceed and Pioneer Elite, and this amp beats them all...

DP

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Im using 86db 4ohm Dynaudio loudspeakers in a large room and have seen the meters on my Monster Amps peak at over 400wpc (each channel, front three)

Good Stuff!

·
Registered
151 Posts
It's also possible it needs a little bit of break-in.

That's what I noticed with mine.

Now that I've had a chance to use it for a month or so, the numbers bounce at low volumes when before it wouldn't reach any more than 1 watt. hehe.

I also find that when I really through some power to it that the numbers increase more drastically. One second you're at 100 watts and with two more cranks of the volume knob you could be up to 200 watts.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I agree with Hyabusha, it is (duh!) related to speaker efficiency. My 92dB efficient RBH speakers draw very few watts unless I'm generating plaster-cracking SPL. I originally thought I was really pulling the watts until I noticed the decimal point...

I've had a number of different amps and these are as good as any reasonably priced units on the market. Additionally, they are for some reason easily found at 1/2 MSRP.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.