AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am helping a friend with an install. He has about a 25 - 30 ft run from his wall mounted TV to a closet where his A/V equipment will be. He will have 4 devices in the closet.

He is going to buy the Monster AVL300 remote so that he can interface with the equipment through the wall into the closet.

1) Is it better to run four 30' cables from the TV to the closet or a single 30 ft into a switch? I was looking at the 4v1 monoprice switch.

2) Can the Monster AVL300 remote interface with the monoprice switch? The switch will be in the closet, so I assume that the remote that comes with the switch won't work as it is I/R.

For the cable, I was looking at the 30ft Blue Jeans Series-1 Belden Bonded and then four 3 footers inside the closet.

Any help and/or suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'd get a MonoPrice AV switch, they have ones with IR sensors. Run all the devices to the switch and then run one cable to your TV.

How do you plan on controlling the devices in your closet? You're probably using the wireless extender (like the Harmony remotes have, or whatever the Monster equivalent is called). The remote transmits an RF signal and the extender emits IR signal. If you get an AV switch with an IR port then you can definitely control it, just like your other equipment; you won't be using the original remotes for any of your equipment (at least I don't see why you would if you have the AVL300). There are numerous MonoPrice switches in the remote database for Harmony and Monster remotes alike, you should have no problems whatsoever.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts