AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

Buy you a cheap hdmi cable, its a digital signal, either it works or it doesn't. The difference in quality between a $.99 cable and a $10,000 cable is nothing, just asthetics.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma5300  /t/1525293/monster-hdmi#post_24554630

I know I know alot of people here dont like monster hdmi cables. Waste of money. I came across this monster cable on amazon for 13 bucks. What do you guys think? Might be a counterfeit?

Monster isf750 hd 9 foot for 13 dollars? Does that sound right? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009NIAHBM/ref=aw_d_dsc_electronics?qid=1396328468&sr=8-3
Monster does have entry level cables, it looks legit and 13 bucks is reasonable for a 9 ft. cable and being Amazon you probably

will find some other stuff you need and can cross the free shipping threshold.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet  /t/1525293/monster-hdmi#post_24554650

Monster does have entry level cables, it looks legit and 13 bucks is reasonable for a 9 ft. cable and being Amazon you probably

will find some other stuff you need and can cross the free shipping threshold.

Monoprice 10' HDMI: $5.15

I use their products.

David

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
I typically stay away from anything sold by Monster. $62 off of a cable
Seriously overpriced to begin with. No better quality or reliability than you get from Monoprice, MediaBridge, or Blue Jeans.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601HP  /t/1525293/monster-hdmi#post_24561188

Monoprice 10' HDMI: $5.15

I use their products.

David
So do I, but you will pay shipping on top of this where as Amazon ia general retailer and it's pretty easy to find other stuff you need and hit free shipping.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've always been amused when I see ads for redicuiosly overpriced cables that have really no added benefit. Since the manufacturers have realized that P. Barnum was right now they make power cables for you audio systems stating they produce much clearer sound. My only beef is with the stereo magazines as they know all this is bogus but never write any articles about it because their only concern in advertising dollars not their readers.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet  /t/1525293/monster-hdmi#post_24563244

So do I, but you will pay shipping on top of this where as Amazon ia general retailer and it's pretty easy to find other stuff you need and hit free shipping.

Shipping to my home for that cable is $3.95. Still a good deal. Bundle a few more pieces and..........the shipping becomes more diluted.

David

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601HP  /t/1525293/monster-hdmi#post_24563412

Shipping to my home for that cable is $3.95. Still a good deal. Bundle a few more pieces and..........the shipping becomes more diluted.

David
I went ahead and ordered that monster cable. Amazon offers 30 day no question asked full refund. Also amazon chat said the cable was legit. Its actually 70 dollars on monster website. I feel its worth it.

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
You could probably get just as good a cable at Radio Shack. It's your money though. You have to wonder why it is being "discounted" at such a steep price. Kinda makes you wonder.

·
Registered
948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchy998  /t/1525293/monster-hdmi#post_24554649

Buy you a cheap hdmi cable, its a digital signal, either it works or it doesn't. The difference in quality between a $.99 cable and a $10,000 cable is nothing, just asthetics.

but,the built quality is different.

·
Banned
5,023 Posts
I use Amazon Basics and Newegg whatever HDMI cables even a Dynex cable along with 2 given to me by Dish net... they all work fine (the same) .

I would not would pay $75.00 or even half of that for HDMI cable under 12" .HDMI cables more than ~ $1.00 -$ 1.50 a foot are overpriced IMO .

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
13 dollars for a 9 foot well made cable is a pretty good deal. I was just worried about it being a fake or counterfeit. Haha

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
I'd just buy from Monoprice, MediaBridge, or Blue Jeans and be done with it. At least you know what you're getting. Caveat emptor.

·
Banned
5,023 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma5300  /t/1525293/monster-hdmi#post_24566555

13 dollars for a 9 foot well made cable is a pretty good deal. I was just worried about it being a fake or counterfeit. Haha

At ~$1.44 ft. not unreasonable for a good cable .

Reactions: Plasma5300

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
WOOT! seems to have Monster Stuff pretty cheap (when they have it)...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts