AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have me equipment hooked up to a Monster HDP 2400 clean power unit, and just lately every once in a while when I power everything on, it shuts off and turns on a few seconds later. But it kills the power to everything and my satellite receiver has to reload and it can't be good on everything else. Plus if I was recording something that stops also.

I turn everything on with a Harmony remote, so it all comes on together, maybe that is an issue? But it never did it before. Also, the voltage is high in my house, around 127-128 on average if that matters.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, I was actually just getting ready to post a question regarding the exact same problem you are describing. My voltage is typically in the 119-121 range but it does occasionally spike up to ranges that causes my HDP 2400 to cut the power to everything for around 10 seconds. This I am okay with as it is largely the reason why I purchased this unit. However, as of lately the power will read normal (in the 120s) and it will switch over to the safety mode repeatedly maybe 3 or 4 times in a row. Then when it finally does come back on the voltage will read 119-120. I am really confused and getting kind of frustrated as this will happen while I am in the middle of watching something, plus it kills my internet and resets my cable box so I can not view any current listings. I do live in an apartment which I understand is subject to some serious voltage swings but as I mentioned the voltage does not appear to be the cause of these latest issues. That and it happens at times when I would not expect my neighbors to be causing large fluctuations in current through the complex. Feedback is very much appreciated. I believe I will send Monster an email as well to get their input.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have updated this post sooner, because the power company came out and fixed it. I guess they came out on a Sunday afternoon a few weeks back right after I first contacted them. But i wasn't home, they stopped by the neighbors, but never fixed anything. So I contacted them again and they came out 2 days later, almost 11 on a Saturday night. They tested a few things, went down the road, came back and they had it fixed. If I remember right, they said the autoboosters were cranked up too high. Now my power is basically a constant 120 volts, and the power unit has not shut down once since then.

Anyway, sorry this doesn't help you. Just updated my situation. When I contacted Monster, they just replied that I needed such and such a voltage regulator or stabilizer that would cost $2500.

Good luck with the problem, sorry I am no help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know it has been a while but I thought I would update this post in the event anyone else has the same problems I experienced. I contacted Monster's warranty department and they allowed me to return the unit (shipping paid by Monster) for a brand new unit. I just got it today so I have yet to re-install everything but my fingers are crossed that this fixes the problem. Before it was all said and done the powercenter was reading over 200 volts on the front display so something was definitely wrong. I must say I was surprised at the apparent lack of technology being employed by Monster's return department. While they handled my claim efficiently I had to call repeatedly to get updates and tracking numbers; something I would typically think would be automated. None-the-less, problem solved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts