AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to the Monster Cable Website and I noticed HDTV cables. These cables are around $200 and I was wondering what the difference is between this and Monster Component-2 cables. I am currently using the Component-2 cables and I was wondering if its worth upgrading to the other cables.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm sure the big difference in their HDTV Cables is some nice graphics on the package. Monster makes decent stuff but they are such a scam. I'm surprised they haven't designed their own specialy designed toilet paper. "MONSTER TOILET PAPER! SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR THE HUMAN ANUS! OUR SUPER TOUGH LOW RESISTANCE T.P. HAS BEEN PROVEN BY RIGOROUS TESTING ON AN ANUSOMETER TO BE 1/1000th LESS ABRASIVE ON YOUR BUTT! IT ALSO CLEANS YOUR ANUS WITH 2.74685 WIPES WHILE OTHER BRANDS TAKE 3 WIPES!":eek:

·
Registered
13,221 Posts
I don't think you will notice any difference. Once you get up to a "decent" cable any differences become very difficult to spot if they exist at all... and in my opinion the benefit (if any) are out weighted by the additional cost. Save the money for another toy!

If you really want to compare most places will give you 30 days to make up your mind.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
If you decide that you need to upgrade your component video cable (and I am not suggesting that you do), check out www.bluejeanscable.com

They are much less expensive than Monster, and they are serious overkill for Component video. I seriously doubt that Monster's best cable is equal to them in measurable specs. Though, Monster brand cable is the brand preferred by more astrologers than any other.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
It's very easy to MAKE some cables that work as well as any out there. Buy some RG-6 Quad, crimp on some ends, screw on some coax to RCA adapters and for about $10.00 this will preform as well as any cables you will find out there. If you really want to splurge you can get some ends with the RCA connection built in.

If this cable is good enough to handle the microvolt signal coming form your antenna, and the high freq. signals in your sat system, how can they be stressed by the the signals in the component connections in your system? They aren't. Plus, you can cut them to what ever length you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.