AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Anyone have any experience with these? A certain "accessories" website has these on clearance for $13 each, down from $80. I went ahead and purchased 5. Even if they suck, I'm only down $65
. I can't find anything useful about these online and they aren't even on Monster's website. Can anyone tell me anything about these speakers? Will they work in a 5.1 home theater setup or are they going to better off as ambient speakers? Any help at all will be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Ha! I just picked up some myself. I a/b'd them with some NHT superzero bookshelves I have in my office system. I just put them on my speakerstands in the cardboard ring they are boxed in (open in the back-no box or cavity to speak of).

For $12, they are great! LOL...seriously it will be hard to be disappointed with a $12 speaker, as long as it functions. I'm putting them in my kitchen. They go loud enough and sound decent...maybe even surprisingly good for the money and application. In fact, I would wholeheartedly recommend them as rear/surround systems, and whole house music "fill" speakers. The price is just ridiculous. Finally Monster made a product that is worth their asking price. :p

For your reference, I was driving it with a Pioneer Elite 84tsxi (no EQ calibration used), and mated with a Paradigm Ref Servo sub.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts