Polk Audio LSiC Center

Klipsch RW-12D Subwoofer

Parasound Classic 7100 Pre/Pro

Parasound 2205A Amplifier

Pioneer Elite BDP-05FD Blu-ray Player

Monster HTS 2600

Microsoft XBox 360

Mistubishi 65" WS-65819 HDTV

I currently have a Monster HTS 2600 (non-MKii) that I'm using with my equipment.

I just found a perfect Monster HTS 1600 MKii on Craigslist locally for 60 bucks. The deal is a no brainer, but which one should I use with my equipment?

I have a smaller setup of gear in my living room. Would the 1600 be better for that one? I think the 1600 is newer in terms of series and is and MKii.

Opinions?

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
525 Posts
The smartest move is to sell the Monster HTS 2600, buy a couple of $15 surge protector and spend the rest of the cash from the sale on beer.

Unless you have some major issue with your mains supply there will be no difference in audio quality or surge protection. If you do have major mains issues then there are much better/more effective line conditioners than monster, if you have major mains issues you'd likely still have them with that unit.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by xianthax /forum/post/19546765

The smartest move is to sell the Monster HTS 2600, buy a couple of $15 surge protector and spend the rest of the cash from the sale on beer.

Unless you have some major issue with your mains supply there will be no difference in audio quality or surge protection. If you do have major mains issues then there are much better/more effective line conditioners than monster, if you have major mains issues you'd likely still have them with that unit.

No problems...just a heck of a deal on the 1600. I installed it tonight and will see how everything goes. So far so good. I'll be making some $ on this deal either way.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I just got a HTS2600... I noticed that its marked 125VAC, 15AMP, 60HZ, TVSS rating all 300V
Now to my question I thought this could be used in China with 220/240 volts... Can anyone please advise if this model can do both American and European voltage?

Any clever advise out there?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts