AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night while watching a movie, my Power Center suddenly failed, killing power to all my equiptment, including the Sony 10HT projector. Luckily, all other equipment seems fine (I replaced the HTS 2500 with my HTS 1000). I still don't know why, as the house did not lose power. I'm guesing a surge through the coax cable but who knows?

I am now getting a screeching noise out of the unit (as the manual predicts) and it will not reset. Does anybody know if the fuse can be replaced? Monster customer service is of course closed until monday.

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
125 Posts
I hate Monster crap. I use nothing but Panamax now. Never had a problem with them. I went through 2 Monster Power surge Protecters one winter and had enough.

Ron

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Well I would say if a surge suppressor took a hit saved all your gear and died in the process. It did it's job! It's meant to be the sacrificial lamb.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I opened the unit up and looked at it and the fuse does not appear to be intended for user replacement. Being that I know little about these things, I decided to wait and call MP today. Repacing it looks like it will require bending things on the circuit board.

I believe my forte amp is the culprit here, as it has intermittently lost the left channel. I can't be certain which caused the other to fail, but I'm guessing it was th amp first. Radio shack didn't stock the fuses for it ofcourse (which are user replaceable).

Paul

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spoke with Monster today and they are sending me a new unit overnight, no questions asked. They are also sending claim forms in case the amp was damaged by a surge.

Very nice customer service.

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.